8 points for 2016

This year has certainly zoomed past so fast and there are so many milestones in my family that I want to acknowledge.

1. Josh has entered his first year in Primary School and I'm really glad that he is coping well. His piano skills has improved tremendously and he is able to grasp and experiment to play the song he had heard on the piano! This is something that I am unable to do. He is able to swim well in free style and is confident in swimming. He enjoys gym session too! Thank God. He is interested in flipping the bible and noting down the verses in church. Anyway, he is growing well and now he has reached my Primary 4 height. Can you imagine!

2. Kate has improved in her writing skills and counting! She is able to ride a bicycle successfully! I'm really proud of her! And she is definitely a safe driver in the future. She also learns piano and with her hard work and consistent practising, with the guidance of Eve, she is able to perform well in her classes too! She enjoys gym sessions, ballet and swimming lessons too! She is very teachable. She loves her two siblings very much!

3. Gwen is able to colour very well and trying her best not to colour over the line. She loves swimming and sports! Even though she is unable to join the gym class, yet her enthusiasm never fails her! She practises on her own in another room, with the floor mats, while her two siblings are having the lessons. She loves reading and has her own favourite books! I am just so amazed that she is great with her balance bike and scooter, with great control down the slopes and to stop and wait when needed. She loves lollipops and ice cream. Thank God that we have chanced by a website to teach her alphabet recognition and reading.

4. I have changed to a new company, a huge milestone in my life after joining Prudential, coming to 10 years. I have strengthened my outlook in financial planning, and glad that this challenge is good because it brings me out of my comfort zone and to offer even much comprehensive planning for my clients. The mixing and matching of products from different insurers will be able to give much value in terms and coverage.

5. To be a father for 3 children is certainly not an easy feat and I am glad that God has his ways to assist and guide me. I am able to assist Eve in the family in terms of bringing them to playgrounds, library, NTUC, appointments, parks, meals, marketing etc. Everyday is a different day for us, however, we will try our best to accomplish what we have on the children's daily schedule. Time management is very crucial and I have to also cater for personal time with Eve, and also my exercise too! Now, it is so comfortable for me to bring 3 children out and enjoy the time with them as a family! It really takes so many hands to clap to bring up a family. And I am thankful to have my mother, MIL, FIL and occasionally their Aunties and cousins to assist us for some time-outs!

6. We went to Phuket in December and this trip made me realise that nature is all so beautiful. We went to stay at a tree house resort at Khao Sok National Park. It's a memorable experience as we encountered so many animals such as rooster cockle-doodle-do in the morning, a 5 metre mangrove snake slithering outside our balcony, slugs, spiders and ants in our room. Cool experience. And their food was delicious! And organic, that's the most important part. We would want to plan much more outdoor and nature trips for our children!

7. We have engaged in a helper this year. It has been a long thought (7 years) and we just want to try it out. The main reason is because now that our children are much older, more time is required to spend coaching and guiding them in knowledge and skills, such as reading, writing, counting, colouring etc. The cleanliness of the house as well as the daily washing of clothes and utensils are passed to the helper. Initially we are not used to having her at our house. However, everything needs adjusting and we are able to cope with it. We are giving ourselves just 2 years and that's it! We are back to our own again!

8. Lastly and the most importantly is to Eve. I am truly blessed to have her in my life because she is encouraging and she knows best for each and every member in the house. She is certainly a messenger from God, and giving me stories and verses just to remind me that God is with me. And that gives me strength daily to be motivated and happy! I am very glad that now, we are having our 4th child, and due in MAY!!! Woohoo! It's BOY GIRL GIRL GIRL for us!! Ha.

Embracing and looking forward to a greater and exciting 2017!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006