Hi Everyone

Its been very long eversince I have actually blogged.

This month of May, I have really experienced alot of things for the first time...

I wonder should I say it. But ya... I will say it...


Eve and I had a child, named Chanel.
On May 7th, Chanel is already 4 months old and guess what?
We went to the checkup, to check the health status of Chanel via the sonogram.

And we went to two practitioners and from there, they told us that Chanel's heart arterties are not so sound. Apparently, her arteries are swopped.

I shall describe in detail here...

For a normal person, we have 2 major heart arteries and the way the connect to the heart is like this. The oxygenated artery will connect to the oxygenated part of the heart and likewise for the deoxygenated one. However, for Chanel, her oxygenated artery was connected to the deoxygenated part of the heart and this may not result in complication, but later part when she is born, it will.

The doctor suggested us that we may want to keep the baby, provided that the moment she was born, she had to undergo a major operation to get her arteries fixed. And guess what? My gynae told us that there happened one couple whose child is like that. They gave birth to the child and the sad thing is that every week, nearly 4 times they had to visit the hospital as there are alot of complications resulted from the operation.

We felt sad to receive the news. However, we decided that to shorten the pain of Chanel, we have decided to go for induced abortion such that Chanel will not undergo the painful experience when she entered into the world.


Have you heard of induced abortion before? It is unlike the normal abortion whereby scrapers are used to damage body parts of the baby before being sucked out. Instead it is similar to that of giving birth. Just that right now, we are giving birth to a foetus.

And on 9th March, we went to Thomson Medical and we went for the induced abortion. On 8th March, that was the final day that I actually felt Chanel kicking. The procedure was painful as there were contractions involved, just like normal labour.

At 11.10pm, Eve felt major contractions and then I heard the water bag burst! And soon after, she felt Chanel came out and we shouted for the nurse.

At 12am, we managed to see Chanel for the first time. Initially, I was scared to see her. But then, I didn't. She is mine and she is ours. At the first sight, I nearly gasped. I am really amazed that she is so beautiful, with her eyes closed. She already had pronounced nails and her hands and legs are very long (unlike mine). According to Eve, her eyes are like mine and her lips are like hers. Chanel is really beautiful.

Soon after that, we prayed for her, having a peaceful journey up to heaven. We have talked to Chanel for the past few days before the abortion and she understands about it.

From this, I really feel that life is really very amazing and vulnerable at the same time. And the thing is that all of us started off as a baby and I really want my children to really treasure their lives and we should really treasure every minute and second of our lives.

Really dedicate this post to Chanel Hoe...


You'll always be in our hearts....

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006