Polar Bear: Another view

Well, today we enjoyed ourselves at the Zoo, and it was a late afternoon trip down. Glad that there wasn't much people because the weather was sunny and rainy at the same time.

We headed to see the Polar Bear and it was so beautiful. The whole tank was large and we managed to spot the one and only Polar Bear. It was our children's first time to see this animal. And reality struck me. I took a closer look and it looked sad. I asked Eve whether how many should there be. There is only 1. It's really so sad and a boy came with his grandfather, and shockingly, he commented that the Polar Bear looked sad. Wow, I mean children don't tell lies right? Josh also felt it and he can act out the sad face.


Look at it.


Honestly, I feel that it should have companion at least, however I read that they lead solitary lives. And it was in the tank (with a land and water area), and weather was warm for it. The heart wrenching was when it went to another air-conditioned room. It seemed that it wanted to open another door, but it couldn't. People just kept snapping the pictures of the poor Polar Bear. I'm one of them to take a quick picture. 

I just find that it was uncomfortable being watched by so many people and the environment just does not fit it. I couldn't bear to see it and I left the exhibit. There was a sense of listlessness, something I didn't felt before in other stations. Probably something have to be added to increase the happiness for it. What do you think?


It seems as if it wants to go through this door. Kept knocking on it. I wonder what these 3 doors are.


I could still remember years ago when I saw the polar bears in the Zoo, and they were beautiful when I was in Primary School. As I grew older, the polar bears began to turn green, having mould on their fur. I guess it's the climate here. However, the exhibit was then removed for awhile.

I really hope that the polar bear will be placed in a much happier place, and we visitors will feel at ease when looking at it.

Happy Zoo Trip Afterall
Despite the first station, we headed to the Splash Performance at 4pm, and the sea lion is very smart and amazing. Even though we have seen the performance many times, it always does great! And he has new act too! Now, he is able to find watches in the tank, without even looking at where the trainer drops it. They even got a spectator to throw his watch into the tank too. And the sea lion finds it easily!

Montage of the Zoo pictures

Oh yes, we bought two animal miniature umbrellas for each of them so that they have umbrellas to hold should it rain. Each cost $15 (no discount even for Zoo members). It's very good because its child friendly and they can open/close easily. They are light too! Josh chose the pink dolphin while Kate chose the blue octopus.



Kate eating bread at the Polar Bear exhibit

We brought with us Famous Amos cookies, blackberries, fresh cherries and bread. And we managed to finish them all! Luckily we brought them because Josh and Kate were quite hungry.


Igloo. And Josh was smart to say "I is for Igloo"

Josh has to bend down to go into the Igloo.

It's been awhile since we have met a peacock and it is really very beautiful! And the feathers are so intricately designed! Saw some at Sentosa but rarely in Zoo. We managed to catch one! So happy!

Spotted a beautiful peacock! So lovely.

We spent about 2 hours there but we walked very little due to the rain and we spent time at the performance area. We will go there more often! Great family trip!

I'm quite thankful that we have a great zoo in this small island. And I have went to some other zoo places and they didn't have much variety of animals and some are just placed in plain large cages! My children also enjoyed every time we come to the Zoo! Furthermore, it exposes to them the animals and at the library, it is easier when we show them the books. 





Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)