July

Wow! This month honestly is moving way too fast! There are quite a few happenings which I didn't manage to pen it down. Here it goes

Josh
This month, when school reopened after the first week, he had hand, foot mouth disease! It's his first time and we were just so shocked! We have no idea where did the source is from, but we have to let him stay in our in-law's place for almost 10 days. There is no medication required for this disease and we are glad that it was the mild type as his ulcers don't appear on his hands and feet. It only appears in his mouth and he had on and off fever.

The period of separation was quite taxing on both Eve and I as we have to juggle the food meals to and fro in both houses. And to take care of Gwen and Kate full time! Not easy feat but we did it!

We brought him to try out piano lesson for the first time and he loves it! It's at Toa Payoh SAFRA and it's an integration of alphabets, numbers and fingering. These three aspects interests Josh and we actually don't mind to let him try more lessons! Cool!

Kate
I'm just so happy that she's three this month! And I tell you, she is so caring towards everyone she is close to. She offered to repair my slipper as it was spoilt! She used a scotch tape and wanted to tape around for me. Another incident was when Josh was asleep on stroller, she carried his sandals from our place to the bus interchange! Wow right?

Kate is getting used to our routine of reading three books before nap time! And so glad that she loves the library books, especially those funny ones! At times, she would choose the books herself and wanted us to read them!

We are also in the midst of making her diaperless full time, now that she is 3! It's really tough as at night, we have to alternate to bring Kate to the toilet to pee. Of course nearly every night, she would pee on the bed! And we have to wash the bedsheets the following day. It's worth it! We can see that we have reduced the toilet frequency from 3 to 2! We just have to train her to tell us to bring her to the toilet. For the bedsheets, we have an additional cover to soak the urine, thus it won't seep into the actual bed mattress.

Gwen
She is growing so fast! This super one year old knows what she wants! When she's tired, she will crawl to the bed and find Eve! When she is hungry, she will make sure we know it! She understands some simple commands like 

1. High Five
She would raise her hand and stretch towards our hand.

2. Good Bye
She would wave her both hands to us, to signal Good Bye!

3. Shake
She would shake her body left to right as if she is dancing.

4. Eating
We would make the sound 'mum mum' and she will reply the same word too! This indicates meal time.

She loves swimming and bathing too! So glad that she also loves to go playground with her siblings. Now she can slide down herself and climb back up too! Her standing position is stable and it's a matter of time that she will try to walk too! Excited!

Oh yes, just before Gwen's birthday, she wasn't feeling quite well too. She had some hives and it caused irritation to her body. We headed to the hospital in the wee hours. Days before, she also had fever too. All these caused us to have disturbed or lack of sleep! Hence a healthy child is honestly the best gift one can ever ask for.

In third week of June, Gwen also had loose stools for past 2 weeks. And we went to see three doctors for the medication. It's not easy because the stools are so watery. In fact, it was due to virus in the intestines and probably she ate the dirty toys on the floor. She loves to put things into her mouth. And it was the third doctor that solved everything! She gave us Bio Gaia! It helped to solve everything! We should have given this from day 1! Thank God now everything is fine, including her appetite and stools!

Work
This month, I didn't manage to work much for the first two weeks of July due to the hand foot mouth disease for Josh. And the preparation of meals and spending time in the family. I enjoyed myself so much especially the two birthday celebrations we had for Kate and Gwen! And I want to thank God that for the remaining days of July, I managed to have quite a bit of business from referrals too! Woohoo. I'm also glad that most of my clients' investment portfolio has grown so much during this month too! Awesome.

I did two road shows this month and it's actually my first time for this year. And honestly, it's quite a refresher course for me because I didn't do it for quite long. Tough fight, but I'm glad that I managed to sit down a few quality prospects and I shall follow up with them too!

This year has been a breakthrough year for me so far, and I managed to do better compared to my previous years. I guess it's God's works in the making as I'm able to tithe more and more every single month. Yes, it takes courage to tithe and I feel that the 10% of what I earn is for God! He has blessed me with a great flexible career and my family is so blessed by it too! I must keep my faith strong!

Exercise
Yes! I'm back with my exercise regime!
This Tuesday, I jogged 2.4km.
On Wednesday, I swam at Toa Payoh SAFRA.
Today, I jogged 2.4km. And at night did some strengthening exercises!

Now I feel so much better when I exercise! Honestly, it makes me feel more addicted to exercise once you have the momentum! And I will jog alternate days in the morning around 9am. And the stadium has few people! Love it! After exercising, it makes me feel young! Ha!

Actually back in Mid June, I sprained my left ankle during a basketball game and it's quite terrible as it causes water retention and my movement is just so restricted! At night, I have to sleep with my leg raised! I even forced myself to go to appointments and my regular visits to the TCM for the acupuncture, and the night soaking of the herbal medication after the day's work. And I managed to close about $40k of sales in June! Really amazed that I can do it. In front of my clients, I didn't show much discomfort of my leg. However, when I leave the appointment, I would feel my left leg is slightly swollen. Terrible feeling. And my walking pace is slowed down tremendously. Exercising was halted till mid July. I want to thank God for giving me the courage to go for appointments and to assist me with constant appointments! Oh yes, my insurance is able to cover for my injury, amounting around $450.

In my previous post, we went to MacRitchie Reservoir and it just makes me want to jog once again! I told myself that once my leg is recovered, I will go and schedule jogs for myself there!

Thoughts
Yes, I have many thoughts during this month. And so many that it's not easy to type out here. Even when I don't blog for 2 weeks, my daily viewers have about 60! Anyway, I just have to blog this...

I feel that wedding is something personal and it's not a one day event. I can see that people spent one year plus to plan a perfect wedding day. I wonder it's just to impress others or to make yourself happy. The gate crash is something I feel it's illogical and waste of time. And for the meals, I recently talked to this friend who catered for a restaurant wedding, and the 16 tables each has a suckling pig! OMG! Do you know what does suckling pig means? It still feeds on the mom's milk! So sad right? It's just an over priced event. I really hope that this culture will change. And the make up, some just dress so well on the photo shoot and the actual day of the wedding. However on the normal days, they don't dress well. It's quite ironical, I find. We should actually dress up well on every other days, not only on wedding day or wedding shoots. Most of the photos I have seen, some don't even look like themselves! Greatly photoshopped. OMG. 

I am quite shocked to know that a number of people have loans that stretch up to 30 years and they are fine with it. And they don't mind having property, lavish cars etc. And when it comes to savings, it's minimal. I feel it's not wise to channel into lavish cars but to quickly fully pay up the property. This way, you will be debt free ASAP! You don't exactly own a property when you first bought it. It's fully yours when you have the title deed. Just like a monopoly game. 

Song writing
Totally amazed of what one can do with song writing and get famous singers to sing for you! Recently, I am 'back to the old song' mode and it's Toni Braxton's Spanish Guitar. The song writer is Diane Warren! She's totally talented and wrote so many pop hits! Wow! It's the song writer that forms the back bone of the success stories of singers! Without song writers, who will have lyrics to sing? I'm so amazed how she can script out songs that have great tunes and storyline. Of course most of the songs are exaggerated stories, but they just sound nice! Probably I should try and pen down some lyrics! And the best fact: Every song you write is ORIGINAL and UNIQUE!

I will blog more frequently! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)