Thankful

I am thankful that everyday, I am able to spend time with my children. Teaching them mathematics, writing, reading, cycling, swimming, cooking, God's words etc and playing with them! And it's these day-to-day events that made me realize that I am a father of three! I'm amazed how both Eve and I are able to do it.

Yes, I am very thankful and my children are God's gift. Recently I went to my nanny's funeral and caught up with many of my god siblings and god children. And many of the children have grown up to be early teenagers! This is very different compared in 2006, whereby they were just young children, running around and in Primary Schools! Linking to my children, now Josh is 8, Kate is 6 and Gwen is 4. In 10 years' time, they are 18, 16 and 14 respectively! I'll be 44! It's just a matter of a blink of our eyes, they too will be early teens!

Wow isn't it? I'm just thankful once again that I am able to have both flexibility in my career and family. Thinking back, when I first joined Insurance as a career, I didn't think much about it. Now, I feel that it's really god's arrangement for me to join this career. Early years was tough, requiring long hours and hard work. Thereafter, servicing of clients, referrals and claims are the bulk of my working hours. I am able to mix and schedule appointments and fit both work and family. It's really amazing, otherwise I won't think that I can assist much with the children at home time.

Nurturing children isn't always an easy task. We are all learning everyday! Reading parenting books, bible, and also self improvement books. Not forgetting cook books!  It's really important to also document down what had happened, so when we are old, we can recall the history, sweet and bitter memories.

Every child is different and so are our teaching techniques. And now we are using different ways to teach our children academically. Daily fine tuning helps as it will make us much more efficient as parents. Eve is now 38 weeks pregnant and I'll be required to be helping out even more in the household! I'm fine to help and so are the children. It's challenging but I'm very sure we can adjust and we are very excited!


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006