So many things to manage...

Recently, we have dismissed our helper (21 Aug 2017) due to theft and things are back to normal. Now, we prepare meals for everyone, and do the marketing, household chores etc. Yes, we had much more things to do. However, we were pleased. We have gotten back our control of the house!

The cooking
In fact, I have missed cooking and preparing of the food for lunch and dinner. Most of the time, the helper had been preparing and I would do some of the cooking. For the past week, I managed to whip up 4-5 dishes within 30 minutes! It's amazing! I enjoy cooking so much!

We grew our own mushrooms too!! It's really amazing!


They took about 1 week to grow to this size

Look at the amazing mushrooms!

Breaded Almond Chicken Fillet

Boiled Organic Asparagus, Potato Salad and the Breaded Almond Chicken Fillet 

A meal served with brown rice

The dining table
Josh and Kate will assist in the laying of plates, utensils and making sure that the dining table is neat. Both Eve and I were so thankful that we can get them to have this responsibility! Previously, the helper had been doing it and it was something taken for granted.

The washing
Yes. It tests on how fast I can clear the dishes and wash them. Thank God there is the dishwasher to assist me on it! Now, the children will practice putting their finished bowls and utensils into the sink.

The clothes
YES! It's back. Eve and I will take turns to put the laundry into the washing machine and we have so many clothes to wash daily! We will make sure that the clothes are completely dry before we collect them. I am also so proud of Eve that she can bring out the bamboo stick to sun the clothes! Awesome! And the children enjoyed collecting the clothes back again into the bedroom. It's certainly a sense of joy to see everyone helping out in this small little chores!

The sweeping
I love sweeping! Everytime I have the broom and the dust pan, I have this relaxation feeling! Sweeping enables me to calm myself down and wind down after a day's work! And to make it cleaner, the iRobot will vacuum too. At times, Gwen will assist me with her small little broom!

The marketing at NTUC
For the past few months when the helper was around, we seldom head to the NTUC to get our groceries. Now, every two days, I will go to the store after the children were asleep. Eve will send me links on what to cook for the next day! It's really amazing that she can find such great food recipes for us to try and the children love it!

The packing of toys
Yes. The children are much involved in the cleaning of the toys now. Previously, not all of the time the toys are kept by them. They have greater responsibility and team work to do the task together! Isn't it awesome?

It seems tough to manage 4 children and housework. However, we are all growing and glad that we can incorporate the chores with the children! It makes the things easier and they have a sense of responsibility too!

The children will also step up to sing to Sara! I'm so thankful.

Day by day... We are taking small steps at a time!

We can do it!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006