A Fall

This morning, as I was cycling back home from market, I skidded and fell on my back! One of the bicycle's pedal pressed onto my left ankle. I felt the entire weight of the bicycle on it and it's very painful. I couldn't move. I used my arms to push up the bicycle, but it's too heavy.

Everything happened so fast. A moment, I was cycling and I'm just a few steps away from the house lift. The next moment, I was on the floor, stuck under the bicycle. I used all my might to lift the bicycle up slightly. And I managed to get my ankle away from the pedal. I came out of it eventually.

A passerby came and asked if I'm ok. I was fine, sort of. I didn't feel any pain yet.

When I reached home, Gwen saw me and told me I was bleeding. I said no because I didn't feel any pain. She pointed at my left knee. Indeed, she was right! I was bleeding. And suddenly, the extent of the pain slowly intensified. I felt it in my left ankle, my left shoulder and my left bleeding knee.

I'm thankful that this accident didn't injure my face and I didn't have any broken bones. That made me realise that God assisted me in the fall. The impact on my back could have been worse if not for the marketing bag, cushioning my back!

I prepared lunch for everyone, and went to two appointments. After that headed to the neighborhood GP to clean my wound. Thank God I'm covered by insurance and I didn't have any infection.

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006