MacRitchie Reservoir





 It’s truly blessed to be able to head down to a Reservoir with a wide selection of jogging trails! I am very thankful that I have the time to put on my jogging gear and head down to the MacRitchie Reservoir after sending Sara to school!


The jogging was initially tough, with all the undulating and uneven paths. However the more runs I did, the easier the jogging. The amazing thing is that my running timing improved everytime and now it’s 10km within an hour. 

I really feel good and refreshed after jogging and I hope it can inspire you to do too!


Today I even asked my eldest son to come along with me. Since it was still within 14 days from his first vaccine jab, he was unable to do strenuous activity. Hence it became a walk for both of us! Had great chat with him and also visited our war hero Lim Bo Seng tomb. He is a man who sticked to his morals, and had 7 children! He fought till the very end, endured so much tortures and very amazed how God protected his wife and children when they were escaping from Singapore to St John’s. 

I have even borrowed a book about Singapore Trees and there are so many types of trees in Singapore! I told him some of the common ones like the Lipstick tree, Raintree, Flame of the Forest, Frangipani Tree, Indian Rubber Tree, Pong pong tree, Fish tail tree, Trumpet tree and Saga Seed tree. I need to read up and spot more common types of trees so I can get them to be interested too! 


Nature has so much to provide for us - tranquility, fresh air, natural resources and wildlife! We need to protect them and bring the new generation to appreciate our nature. Yes, the weather may be warm, the journey may make you sweaty. It’s just the way it is!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Taiwan 2014 Part 1: Taipei