Bishan Park - An Escapade

Recently, I have incorporated jogging in my morning routine. And it's good feeling to even just jog for 15 minutes. And bringing my family to Bishan Park adds up the morning fun.

Around 8 am, Bishan Park has cool and refreshing air. Eve and Gwen will usually cycle to Bishan Park. Kate and I will take public transport and we will stroll and admire the greens while we walk to another bus stop to hop onto another bus service. The playground has no one and Kate will be so enthusiastic to comment that she is the first one to arrive!

4 of us. Kinda tough to get a wefie pic

Sand playing is one of the relaxing activities that my children can play, apart from the usual swings, slides and climbing of obstacles. The best part is they can actually create their own imaginative world of sandcastles, without even me directing them. Eve will be near them drawing simple landscapes of the park. For me, I will be doing my jogging and some statics at Bishan Park. It's really enjoyable. I really hope we can do this frequently and it's certainly a great escapade from the view of cars, human traffic, buses, trains and even electronic gadgets.

Kate and the sand

We will usually pack some small snacks. Like today, we packed pieces of jambu (wax apple) and  hard boiled eggs to the park.

At about 9am, the sun will be up and sunny. That's the time when we will head back home. Kate and I will walk to the nearest bus stop. Along the way, we manage to spot 5 saga seed trees! We are thrilled and we even pick up 6 saga branches. Kate is a natural forager. She immediately put the branch into her small little container, and make sure she removes the seed from the pod. I'm really amazed and she loves the seed collection. It's therapeutic and I feel it's a good chance for us to blend with the nature. It will definitely be more of these activities this year.

Kate foraging the seeds from the saga pod
 
 
 
Saga seed pod
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006