Thinking

I'm not sure whether do I really want to post this. But recently, I have been thinking about what is the purpose of us here on Earth. What is your purpose?

I just happened to know of these news:
-A female elephant was stripped off her skin, removed her trunks and ivory and the organs are also taken out.
-Peta: A supposed 'care of animals' are removing the animals and they do not actively promote the adoption for the animals. In fact, every year, they 'remove' the thousands animals that under their care. I'm not sure it's true.
-Magazines of stars who are famous because they are buff and they are shirtless in movies. So what!
-Celebrities who are together and broken up.
-Radiation in Japan


What is these significance value for all these?
Money? Fame? What do we humans gain at the end of the day?

I really have no idea. However, I felt a little affected when I saw the female elephant being hunted in Vietnam. And they left about 100 of their kind there. Why would these people want to hunt these innocent animals? For money? They are near to extinction already. Why humans want to do these?

Peta. I have always thought that they are a good organisation. However, you can google about them. I really wonder if I donate to these organisations, will my money be worth spent on the animals? Or I'm just helping to kill them. I'm not sure. There is a website petakillsanimals.com and you can see about it. I'm not sure it's true but it pains to hear this news too.

Magazines: Have we became such superficial beings whereby we just chase models, TV personalities who look good and many women swoon over them? I really wonder will that benefit anyone at all. I just browse at the topics that I have seen. Many are just to entice people about sex, love, gossips, good-looking people and also accidents and bad news. Do they help in your relationship or love life? What is the purpose again? Is it for money and fame?

Celebrities broken up and patch back. These entertainment news are certainly juicy. However, come to think of it. Do you need to know these? And why not bother about the stuff that you have? Build better relationships / friendships with one another? And moreover, it is actually quite a hurtful experience for those people and it needs to be blown up. I have googled about my pastor in church and I'm just shocked at what media can do. They actually wrote about them breaking up. This is quite sad because the media can cook up stories which never exist. What is the purpose again? Misled people? Playing people's emotion?


Recently I have read about the radiation levels in Japan which may affect births in some parts in America. And there were fishes that were found in Japan to have high Cesium readings. This is actually quite scary. As in why do we subject to ourselves radiation risks? For money and for energy? There are other alternative cleaner energy sources one can adopt. You mean must go back to Primary School textbook to teach them?

Are we coming too ourselves or 'over-self'?
Honestly, through all these examples, it seems to me that a lot of attention that we have placed are towards mankind and money. Why the innocent killings? The mind pollution, environmental pollution? And I see people on the train. They are just listening to music, playing Candy Crush and using the smart phones, checking out Facebook. The priority seats. Even some guys don't even bother to let go of the seats! Are these helping anyone? People rush home so that they can catch movies, etc. The purpose is only for themselves.

If a person everyday just work, eat lunch, use smart phone, work, go home, eat dinner, use smart phone, use laptop for internet, watch television and sleep. And the next day the cycle continues. Is this an effective life? Is it treating Earth as a hotel? If we totally live for money and internet, I actually feel that we are not living the best out of our capability.

Why don't we stretch our thinking and limits?
1. We can help to reduce our carbon footprint. I see more and more cars on the road and is it really necessary to drive cars 24/7? Why not slowly try and don't use a car for a day? It really helps.

2. Help to sponsor a child? We can help by donating $45 a month to these children who needs help. Country : Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Mongolia, Zambia etc. It is a good step to make our money more worthwhile. And by doing these, we can actually give them a new lease of life!

3. Reduce the plastic bags / products usage. I see how people shop and the usage of containers are not carefully considered. We should each take steps to reduce the usage. For example, if you are marketing, use those tote bags! Now, when I am using a plastic cup, I just feel that it is only used for 1 minute and it will be in the trash for months or even years! How environmentally friendly is that? If possible, try to eat-in more often rather than to take away.

4. Read positive books and the library has a lot of resources. Replace them with magazines. Honestly, this is a cheaper way and your information bank is even more than you spend a lot of time looking at other people's stories and complains.

5. Meet up with friends. Build relationships instead of 'meet up' via Facebook. I honestly have more Facebook friends than real life friends. Most of them, you can 'talk' online but not offline. I have met by chance some of the friends and yes, we didn't have much to talk actually. I'm not sure why. Are we become more real or less real? You decide.

I really hope that we can be less of ourselves and more of other people. In this way, the world will be a better place and Earth is a more liveable home!



Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006