November 2016

November! It is so exciting because it's November and school holidays are coming.

We have included some planning in our November programmes and we just want to include nature and library in the itinerary.

We are very thankful that National Library Board has a series of programmes to choose for different age range children. And also, the regular English and Chinese Story Telling help the children to be exposed to different books too.


Food
We have some changes in our food meal planning, especially the ingredients.

Chicken
We used to patronise the wet market's kampong chicken. However, whenever I eat them, I will have uncomfortable stomach bloatiness and passing off lots of gas. We also switched to Sakura Chicken. However, apparently I also have the same issue. Hence, for the past few months, I have reduced my chicken intake because I feel it's the food that the chickens are eating that are not suitable for me. And I have also read up on the injections that the farmed chickens have, to make it juicier and larger. That's not what I want to have and to let my children eat.

We have turned to ZenXin Chicken. I tell you. One chicken cost around $16 to $18. And they are free range chicken and I'm thankful that one stall in my nearby wet market sells it! Thanks to my resourceful wife! After we have changed to this chicken, I am amazed! No more past issues! Awesome!

We managed to do minced chicken dumplings, chicken soup etc and they tasted very good! The children love it too! Yes, we may be paying around 40% more, however, the source of farming is right and I really question how to buy a whole chicken for mere $5-$8?

Vegetables
Yes, now we eat vegetables with holes! Those that are too beautiful to be eaten, please think twice! The amount of pesticides used in vegetable farming has increased tremendously. I chatted with my grandmother and she said that nowadays, vegetables look nicer and last longer. This is different from the past. Now, we have started to order from QuanFa Organic Vegetables.

There is difference in the vegetables! They are easier to cook, crunchier, and tastier! An example is organic corn. The corn kernels are juicy and the natural taste is delicious! The children love it and I'm just so thankful that Singapore has this farm for us to patronise and they can deliver to our place.


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)