30 years old!

It's so amazing that I'm stepping into a new thirties! Twenties is a passe! Amazing right?


I shall have a special list on the numbers from 1 to 30! How significant they are in my life since birth! Some are linked to age, money, memories and life stages!


1 
One loving wife = Eve!


2 
I scored second in my Secondary Two Art result!! Missed by 1 mark with the top student! That's the best subject back then!


3 
I have three beautiful children and I am really blessed to have them. Honestly, Josh, Kate and Gwen are God's gift to us and I am so thankful to have them. Thank you God for giving me the chance to groom and nurture them.


4 
Oh yes! It was in Primary 4 that my Chinese Primary School teacher called me up, and told me to write my Chinese name on the blackboard! I wrote wrongly and she ridiculed me! In fact, I have been writing my middle Chinese name wrongly for quite a long while!! Oops! But I still feel she should not let the whole class know. 


5 
Fifth year wedding anniversary for us this year! 


This is the number of breakups that me and Eve has gone through before we finally got back together in 2006! And got married in 2008! :) Hence life is really about ups and downs, and we have gotten stronger! 


It's my 7th year in Prudential and I'm just so happy to be in this career! Honestly, it has been a fulfilling and rewarding career. Thank you my manager, colleagues and clients for supporting and believing in me all these years!


I remembered I was at this age, and I carried a new super big bag to school. I ran home and I lost my balance and I fell to the ground. Just don't understand why we have to carry so many books on the first day of school and I had injured knees. 


9 
This is the number of times I failed my Health Insurance exam! I have actually gotten so scared of going up the lift and clicking the 'confirm to submit'! I literally threw away the book after I have passed! It's really an exam that I have failed so many times. I can still remember that I was left one more week to clear before the dateline! So my clients, I work hard to be a Financial Consultant! :)


10 
It is the age which I remembered clearly that I got my primary school friends to come to my Ang Mo Kio flat to celebrate the birthday for me! I am really nervous because it's my first time celebrating with so many of my classmates as December is always a holiday month and no friends would celebrate for me! 


11 
At this age, I was overweight and I went to TAF club! It's so demoralizing and I am totally with low self esteem. And some mornings, the teacher would want to meet the TAF club members after the flag raising ceremony, and people will look at us! Boo.


12
 This is the maximum number of hamsters I grew back in University days! And I can remember that every weekend, I have to spend 2 hours cleaning their houses and to put on a mask! The hamster shavings will always make my nose uncomfortable! 


13 
Friday the thirteen? Halloween. Christmas. Chinese New Year. I used to send numerous season greeting cards to my fellow friends, doing paper cuttings and drawings! And I enjoy so much! Now, I hardly receive and make any cards already. I could still remember I will feel so happy to receive more than 15 cards every festive season! :)


14 
I can still remember this is the first age that I ever attended an outdoor school camp! I wanted to join in Primary school, but my parents did not allow. And I managed to go and a girl had a crush on me and she has an existing boyfriend and it's just so complex and I didn't know what to do then. It's just so devastating then and I was only 14! This lady is really out there to play around. Oh well. She even asked me questions that I didn't know how to answer her too! *Secret*


15 
15 dollars! This is the most amount of money which I have picked up on the floor, at a carpark lift. No one was around and I just picked it up. I just treated my fellow colleague chicken rice with the money!


16 
I got this points for my O-levels and I entered SRJC as my first choice, just because it's near my house and luckily I chose this JC. It is where I met Eve :)


17 
Still can remember those pager days. 1-177155-4! Means I MISS U!


18
 I can't really relate this number. However, I can remember the days whereby I was taught the phone numbers that 1800 are toll free, and those 1900 are payable. And pressed quite a lot of times back then at the NKF show.


19 
This is the age that I entered the army and I certainly learnt a lot! Knew who were my true friends and the amount of work done is certainly not proportional to the pay I receive. It's a great time for me and I'm glad that I managed to have close pals from there.


20 
20 dollars! I paid for entry to my old time favourite Zouk tickets! I remember I loved the Retro nights! Love the music and now, I never go already. Find that the music's so loud! And the amount of smoke I breath in! 


21
At this age, I remembered celebrating at India when the clock strikes 12! With my wonderful university friends and was trapped in the toilet which can be locked from outside! What a funny lock. It's really epic!


22 
This is the age that I joined a few MLM (Multi Level Marketing) companies. And I learnt so much about marketing products to different people and to create needs! Amazing time.


23 
This is the age that I first took up my first insurance policy, by myself, as a student!


24 
What I can remember is there was this Janet Jackson song. It's called 'Twenty Foreplay'. However, I was young then and I sang it as 'Twenty Four Play', didn't know the actual meaning of the song! Lol right?


25 
I remembered paying 5 x $5 = $25 for the brick game! I specially collected these green notes and handed to the uncle to get the brick game when I was in Primary school! So waste money!


26 
This is the age that I shifted out with my parents! It's an important move because it gives both of us room to grow and it marks independents as adults.


27
I did LASIK and it's so scary! When the doctor did my first eye, I can't believe I have to have the process repeated for the second eye! ...


28 
This is my register number when I was in Secondary 4! I can just remember it vividly as I kept writing my register number during the final few months prior to the O-levels. 


29 
Honestly, this is the number of SONY cameras I sold in an IT fair in three days! My other friends are able to hit this number just by working 2 days! It's really an achievement then back in university days!


30
My age now! 

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)