December post

General
Wow! Thanks readers for coming to my blog even though it has been awhile since I have blogged. Honestly there are so many thoughts running in my head, and how nice if I can just transfer it into my blog automatically.


Family
On a positive note, my children are growing well and I'm just so amazed of how God has entrusted both Eve and I to be parents for them. Food wise, we honestly PREFER home cooked food and last week, our grandmother actually came and stayed over at our place. She is really an asset to the house, helping us with ironing, cooking and folding the clothes, and all these is just done out of her great heart. Really felt so thankful for her to come and assist us. 



Her style of cooking is different from mine and definitely better. Her fried egg is so much more delicious than mine even though we use the same amount of eggs, same pot and oil! How can it be?! Maybe it's her 89 years of experience adds to the flavor of the egg. She also cooked her great dishes such as sesame oil kidney, fried vegetables and also her amazing oyster porridge. Really drools when you step at the door way. I tell you, you can just finish two bowls of rice with the dishes my grandmother cooks. 


Work
December is such an awesome month with so much free time with my children and the number of activities just needs us to plan and include in our calendar. I also brought my children to appointments and that involved traveling to places. I'm just so happy to bring them all the way from Bishan to Changi Village as my client stays nearby. The rain and the walking with children is just a great experience of bonding. I'm just so touched when my clients say that my children are well-behaved. When they are offered sweet drinks and biscuits, they will first ask my permission before they take it in their hands. That's really testing their self control and proud that both Josh and Kate are able to do it.

Josh also sat beside me in appointments and I'm just so thankful that my career allows me to do it. I only bring my children to clients whom I feel closer to, and I feel they do not mind children too. 

For work wise, I'm just so thankful that I am able to hit my Million Dollar Round Table once again! It will be my third year achieving it, and it's really God's blessing because come to think of it, this year, they increased the qualification. My existing clients with me need insurance, and I am glad that gave them the solution. And I'm just so happy to choose this career because I, not only can spend more time with my family, I can also do my utmost as a Financial Consultant. And in return, my clients congratulated me on achieving MDRT for 2012. It's just a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction from my career. Super thankful for my clients to entrust their insurance with me.


Exercise
Now, I try to exercise at least once every two days, and that involves jogging and doing some repetitions on the upper body exercises. Saw it on YouTube and decide to try it. And I somewhat can feel the difference too. Just that for the timings, I just feel that one should exercise in the day. However, I prefer night times. The time I can go out at night is around 10.30pm, and it's actually the time I should give my body a rest, for the organs to recuperate. Oh well, we see how it goes.




I brought my children to the stadium too! To get them have the feel of jogging and also be on the soccer field too! When I took the pictures, I'm just so amazed how well the pictures turned out to be using my iPhone 4! 


When they saw the tracks, they are so happy and they just feel it's such a great space for them to run! And they ran! I managed to capture this shot that Kate was catching Josh, who dashed earlier than her. It's just so amazing to see your children just run. Next time, can probably see them participate in Sports Day? Just like Eve who represented her Junior College in Track & Field! 

Then we saw so many cuckoos at the soccer field! And I managed to get Josh to count and he diligently counted correctly, including those cuckoos that were quite far away from us, that I didn't manage to see!  





Blood Donation
Actually now, we will try to bring our children wherever we go, so they know what we are doing and they will learn things too. Today, I brought Josh to Blood Donation Drive and it's his first time looking at how I donate blood. There are many stations and I actually told him to bring me to the numbered stations, from 1 to 6. We filled up the form at Station 1, and authentication at the next station. Next, I did blood pressure check at station 3, and Josh was amazed at why there is an arm band attached. So I explained to him it was measuring blood pressure. At station 4, it's where I did my blood test and I showed him that it's actually not painful to test blood. Even though I am personally quite afraid of looking at blood, I didn't show my fear side. 




For the Station 5, that's where we did the blood collection. I didn't dare to see the needle poking into my flesh. However Josh saw it! He gave the frightened look. I reassured him that it's ok and that the needle is to collect the blood to give to people. He's just so amazed as to looking at the tubes from my arm into the bag of blood. He gave the frightened look again when he saw the needle removed from my arm. Actually all my blood donations, I NEVER seen the needle poking into my flesh. I think I will freak out! Lol.

Last station, we had our refreshments and that's the end of the blood donation drive. Really glad that Josh saw that I'm donating and hopefully he will next time donate regularly too.




Downtown Line 
We were so excited on the soft opening of Downtown Line on 7th December 2013. After my appointment, I told Josh and Kate that we are going to take the new Downtown Line train! All of us were so excited about it! 

We alighted at Promenade and took the Downtown Line train! When it arrived, we are so thrilled! It's like a new adventure for us!


Look at the wider seats! And also the bright colours of the seats. They seemed to be much more comfortable too.



Look at the well designed train carriage. It just feels as if you are taking an overseas train carriage.



Only 6 stations were opened. I'm just so glad that with this line, it will make traveling much more convenient and Josh adds Downtown line stations in his train memory bank. I taught him the new stations - Downtown Station and Telok Ayer Station.



This privilege seat is also well decorated too.


They straightaway ran towards this poster when they saw the Singapore Flyer! It's certainly a well done poster and honestly, LTA has done a great job in planning and executing the soft launch for Downtown Line.


Love this picture! I guess they had a game on the Beatles, and we didn't manage to catch it. However we just took the stage. Nice right?



Ha. The oldies and it is taken at Chinatown station. Initially I wanted to bend down to carry both of them. However, I didn't expect all of them to squat and take picture with us! So kind of them to follow suit!


Honestly, I'm just so amazed of how they managed to plan out the Downtown line and the integration with existing MRT stations and shopping centers. It really cut down on travelling time and also, we get to places easily! Like when we exit out from Chinatown MRT, it straightaway brought us inside Chinatown Point! Without us to go up from basement to Level One, and walk a distance to the mall. Totally amazed me. 

Moving forward, there will be more MRT lines, and simply can't wait and see how connected places are in Singapore! Glad that my children enjoyed the trip there!









Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006