Candlelight Service

Last Sunday, our church had the candlelight service and it's a time we reflect and also to know the importance of Christmas ( the birth of Jesus Christ ). Honestly, I'm really very touched to see so many people in service and Eve also invited her cousin along. Really appreciate the effort she had made to go down to service early, and managed to get seats too.


My children sat through the service and I'm really thankful for it. Kate held on to a new candle, awaiting for the candlelight to be lit. We were also fortunate to find seats in this fully filled service!



Josh loves candles and he can't wait for his candle to be lit too. It's funny because we sat at the last row of the service and it took quite a while before the candle light was passed on to our row. Josh kept asking,"Where is my flame?"



Finally! Their candles are lit! This is also the first time I allow both of them to take a light candle stick by their own. Our church is so thoughtful to create a paper holder, so that the hot wax will not touch anyone. It's really very effective. Look at how happy and curious they see the flame in their hands!




Candle light really brightens the entire whole service, signifying that light springs of life in us. Luckily I brought my iPad along with me, as it takes better pictures than my iPhone 4.



Nice? The entire service made me realize that we, humans, need love and relationships to survive. It's really this two ingredients that make us wholesome. Love is such an amazing, priceless gift that is irreplaceable by money. Jesus light up our lives and we are walking testimonies for Him!



When the entire congregation was lit up, it looks like this. All of us are the same, holding one candle, signifying a life. After that, we blew the candle together and we gave each other a hug. It's really a wonderful feeling! Felt the warmth in the church.



Honestly, I really feel blessed to be in our church and it really shows to me that Jesus loves everyone. I felt His love on me very much on that Sunday service, and he told me not to give up, and he has blessed me with a faithful wife and three children. He will provide and I will do my best! 

My church has made so much effort in every service, trying ways to improve and to make sure the event and message is brought across. This spirit of excellence is always in them and I truly feel we should also have this spirit of excellence in our everyday lives. Be it at home, at work, do your best!

Before I joined the church, we have nothing. Very soon, we had our house, Josh, Kate and Gwen. And God has also blessed our household with manageable income too. All these are God's providence and thankfully, the seeds we have sowed in the past, we are experiencing the reaping and it hasn't end yet. Of course, these fruits do not come by easy. Sacrifices were made, challenges were faced and conquered, and that made us stronger in person, and as a couple. It is through God that gel everything together for us, and create the happiness that we want in our lives. 

This Christmas, it won't be a splurging event for us and children. It will be a great bonding time for us and I'm just so happy that everyday, we are able to experience God's love. My children, even though they are young, bringing them to church regularly will make them know the importance and we will grow together as a family too.










Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006