Pizza Making

Today, we attended a pizza making workshop via my Community Club. And I didn't expect the whole event to be so fun and interactive! And my children love this so much! Initially we were thinking should we participate in this event, however we just signed up! We were shuttled from the Community Club and to the Big Fun Kitchen.

We were all given one set of the chef's hat and an apron! They are really good in their marketing.


Kate donned the chef's hat and apron, but she removed it after one minute of wearing. Luckily I managed to take a quick shot on it!



Josh looks smart, yes? He's very attentive in class and he seeks to me for help. For example, the chef wants us to overlap our hands and press the dough. He straightaway follows the action and did the pressing by himself! Totally amazing!



First, we were given a dough just to feel how's it's like. And the pizza dough have to be placed standing for 24 hours for the dough to settle down. The ingredient list was not given though.



Josh don't really like sticky things on his hands. I explained it is the flour and it's ok to press it. Probably it's moist, that's why it sticks to his hands.



Adventurous Kate pressed the entire dough and it became out of shape! She is ok with the mess on her hands. Throughout the lesson, she didn't quite understand what we are doing, however, she knows how to press the dough and place the ingredients well on the pizza!



This is us making the pizza dough flatter. I'm really amazed that if we over flatten the pizza, it will actually shrink and go out of shape. Mine was sent to the 'ICU' and the chef personally rescued the pizza for me.



Josh's attempt to press the dough, and turn it 90 degrees, and press the dough again.



Kate looking attentively at Chef Rick as he helped her to do the pressing of the pizza dough. She actually looking forward to eat the pizza.



I really wonder why chef need to wear such tall hat! 


Look at the irregular shape of the dough. It's actually quite tough to make it circular in shape.



This picture is so epic. The lady is taking photo while I am busy spreading the cheese and ham on my Hawaiian pizza. Josh wants his pizza to have the Christmas tree look, while mine is a house.




I tell you, Kate is so amazing. She quietly placed all the cheese and ham on her pizza and finished her 'homework'! I just helped her to make sure the cheese are all inside the pizza base. She is a fast worker!




Family picture of us at the Big Fun Kitchen. Kate is the only lady who wants to remove her shoes throughout the lesson. 




This is a slide which shows different types of pizza toppings that one can use for their pizza. 



This Chef Ricky busy placing the pizzas in the oven and slicing them before serving to us. The oven is so amazing. There are able to bake 8 pizzas at 450C in 5 minutes! That's very fast!



Eve and her pizza, which was made by me as she was taking care of Gwen throughout the lesson. They are very smart as they numbered all the chairs, and our pizza are tagged according to the chair numbers that we were seated. Hence, there was easy allocation of the pizzas back to you. No hassle and fuss.



Look at my pizza house! The house is so nice right? :)



This is Kate's pizza and honestly, I can say that her pizza is the nicest to eat because all the cheese are centered and it gives the cheesy and soft bite together with the crust. Totally lovely. Guess that she just used her hands and placed the cheese at the centre. 



Happy Josh and his home made pizza. I'm just so amazed that he ate all of his pizza. This is the first time I ever saw him eat finish a pizza. And he loves it so much!



Do you feel hungry? I do!


Honestly this is the first time ever that we have this parents and children cooking workshop and I have learnt so much and also to know more about my children too. I'm just so happy to see them enjoying the lesson, and also the food. The staff here are also very helpful to assist us in carrying Gwen during the lesson. And truly, it's a great place to learn and they do conduct other cooking lessons. 

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)