5 children, Homeschooling

I'm just amazed that I bumped into my JC teacher yesterday at Ang Mo Kio Swimming Complex and I could still remember her name! That's not the amazing thing. The astonishing moment is when I asked her how many children she has! She has 5. Their ages is 10, 8, 7, 4 and 2. And she is home schooling them currently and she has no helper!

Last year, we also bumped to a lady with 5 children, and she is also home schooling them too. And guess what? They are friends! The world is just too small. How can this be so coincidental. After talking to my teacher, I just felt that her whole family is committed in the home scheduling and supplementing the home schooling curriculum with MOE curriculum. This is really possible.

It's definitely tough and uncertain for a start. However, she has tried for 4 years, and she's managing well. I'm keen to learn more from her. I feel it's more about time management and flexible in knowing and understanding your child's growth when it comes to learning. I like the part when they will go to parks and learn about the actual garden art and science together! 

Their decision don't come easily. They prayed very hard, and received God's confirmation. And they asked around other home schooling parents too. There is a family that has 7 children and they home school too! Most importantly, it doesn't matter if you have 1,2,3 or 10 children. The baseline is both of the parents themselves MUST agree together to the idea of home schooling. It involves each other's support. 

I'm just so overwhelmed! 

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)