Two Rounds of DIY Escape Room in the house!

Today, initially I wanted to hold one Escape Room for my children, because Gwen kept asking for it. So I planned it and invited our neighbors to join in. After playing, they enjoyed it so much that they requested me to form another game! Hence making it 2 sets today! It's challenging to me, and I'm glad because it tested my creativity. 

I'm just sharing some ideas here (not all)... 

I hid the Uno cards in the blinds and they managed to find eight of them. The clue was to make the room dimmer! And they used the numbers to call someone to unlock another clue! 

Josh told them to wind down the blinds fully! That's tactical of him! 

Kate went to another side of the living room to find more cards! 

The children solved a puzzle together and found out the missing alphabets! 

I made my very own decoder kit. It's very simple and I'm amazed by myself to engineer this at the very last minute! 

And after they turned the dial to the coded text, they had to look around the kit,  decode and find the proper word. This case,  it's RADIO.  They then proceeded to the next stage. 

Josh was trying to get the cards out from the air-con! It was too high, so he threw a cloth up, hoping to make the cards fall.  Children are getting smarter and smarter, each time they play this game. 

They are unlocking the luggage, once again! 

The children, including Sara, trying their best to find the key hidden at the small chairs! 

I'm really glad that the children had so much fun playing these games. And how excited and accomplished to go from next clue to another. 

I'll continue to think of ideas around the house, so they can see spaces as a different perspective. And how we can make use of our every day things to make it exciting! 

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Taiwan 2014 Part 1: Taipei