Bishan Park adventure

Can you imagine that a guy with two kids stranded at a Bishan Park connector? How can that happen?!


We were happily strolling along the Bishan Park connector and viewing the train depot, the big Kallang river (or drain) and the scenery.

Josh's riding skills on his balance bike has improved tremendously! Now, when crossing small road paths, he will automatically alight from his bike, and push it across. I'm just so glad that he knows what he is doing.

Can't wait when all of us can cycle together in two wheels and venture to different parts of Singapore at night!


Josh and his Bike and the Angry Bird Bag.



He is so confident in the bike. After taking this pic, he passed me his bag. -_-!


Happy children!



We then decided to rest awhile at the benches.


Kate resting on the bench. She really loves to lie down anywhere!



Here comes the horror story!
Later, I noticed that it started to drizzle! Oh no! I didn't have an umbrella.

We are quite a distance from the nearest shelter! I was actually dumbfounded. I was thinking to run to the Bishan Sports complex. However, I need to climb up the slope and I have a stroller, a baby, a toddler and a balance bike! No way.

We went to the nearest tree for shelter. Then, I found a big piece of towel below the stroller. I took out and covered the three of us with it. I carried Kate while Josh sat on his bicycle, with the towel covering just his head and shoulders. We were in the position for 5 minutes! Imagine that.. It's like a mini camping for us.

If I have a camera then, I would have taken a shot of it! While in the shelter, a mosquito bit me.

The rain subsided and I called my wife to fetch me via cab from Junction 8! What a great experience and I can say that both my children are very brave and cooperative! They are very calm and I even joked with them that we are like showering at Bishan Park!



We seeked shelter below an MRT track!




Nice picture eh? Above is the track.




Actually I'm quite amazed that both my children love to take pictures too!


Lesson learnt: Remember to bring umbrella! Singapore's weather is unpredictable.

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)