Christmas thanks giving celebration

Yesterday, I had my church group Thanksgiving session at my place!! Eve and I prepared so much stuff and I'm so glad that we managed to hold over 15 people at our place.

We prepared superb honey baked chicken wings and delicious cream of mushroom soup! And many of them loved it. It's a potluck event, hence other members also chipped in, bringing food like fried wonton, wraps with ham, steam buns, chicken pie, wine and drinks!

We had so much fun talking and thanking God about 2012 events.

Not only that, our house has a Christmas tree for the first time and we managed to place the 16 gifts on and under the tree! And the gift exchange was fun coz I managed to get a very practical gift: a portable iPhone charger! Woohoo!



Picture of me giving my friend, Jennifer 3 Maggi sauce in a Gucci bag. How privileged!


Happy group photo! My christmas tree nice?


Dining at our living room


Gift exchange
Honestly, I feel that gift exchange is quite an exciting event for me. It's like you never know who will take your present and you also never know what you will get! The mini-excitement is quite fun! It really spreads happiness to us, and especially my children. Even though Kate has no idea what is happening, she managed to point the one out of two gifts, because she has to choose one. She is so happy!

It really takes individual effort to be present at a party.
It takes effort to plan what to cook and what to bring to eat.
It takes effort to see what gift is suitable within the $15 budget.
It takes everyone's effort to make the Christmas Thanksgiving meaningful.

I'm really very happy about it!

Things we did as prep
-------------------------
In the morning, I went to wet market to get mushrooms, chicken wings and breakfast for everyone.
In the afternoon, we packed the place, shifted the furniture and I swept the floor.
Also, we marinated the chicken wings, and went to NTUC to buy organic chicken broth, thickening cream and food necessary for the cooking.

In the evening, we oven baked the chicken wings, cooked the mushroom soup and rice. And cleaned the dining table as well as chairs. And made sure there is enough ice and warm water for everyone to drink.

Hosting is indeed fun as we get to pack the house once again, and to test our estimation in cooking because we prepare for 15 people! We also googled on how to make very good chicken wings and cream of mushroom soup too! Many people loved it!

After party
--------------
When they left, I actually spent an hour to mop the floor, cleared the rubbish, washed the many plates and utensils. Not only that, cleaned the oven and make sure every part of the house does not have any food particles. The party ended at 10pm, but I ended at 11pm! Ha.

It's fulfilling that I managed to do these stuff. And all these made us very happy. Yes, even though it's quite tired and physically intensive, it's worth it!

Love the party at our house!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)