Our version of NDP 2014

Wow! This year's National Day Parade (NDP) is totally awesome! It's heart warming and I can really feel the love for Singapore! The performances were all participant-orientated. What do I mean? Usually the participants would just display their work and will exit from the stage away from the audience. This year, the participants were able to walk into the audience area, making them feel appreciated for their hardwork! I used to be a participant and I just feel that there is not much participant-audience connection. And this year, the Organising Committee has done well in this area. To top it up, after the whole event ended, the officer came out and thanked every participant. And they actually put up a finale fireworks just for the participants! I totally feel for the participants because they are unable to see the fireworks display at all in none of the rehearsals and actual day as they have to face the audience. I am totally touched as the Organising Committee are very "down to the ground" this year! Great job!

This year, I managed to get 5 tickets. And I brought Josh and Kate alone. Gwen was feeling a little under the weather, hence Eve decided not to go. Hence, for the other two tickets, I passed to my clients, whose birthday are on 8th of August! I met them once catching the fireworks at the Marina Foodcourt! Thus, I feel that they want to go NDP dearly. Indeed it's true! They are very touched to receive the tickets!

A card and the tickets for my clients

We took public transport to the Float at Marina. We are so excited to see the performance! For Josh and Kate, even though it's their second time, they are very enthusiastic!


Loving Josh and Kate


Selfie on the train!
On the way there, we took some pictures!!
 
Josh, Kate and I at the entrance!

Kate posing with the precious ticket!


Josh and he is proud of his NDP bag! He carried all by himself!

Kate kissed me at the entrance, before we went into the seating area :)
 
After about 30 minutes in the zig zag queue, we were finally on the green seats! I definitely felt relieved because the weather is just too fine, and we were all perspiring! Thank God we bought a bread to keep the both children energized! 


Picture of us! Finally on the Float!

They were each give a limited edition of the NDP 2014 bear. I am really touched by the Malay woman as she stretched out her hand with the bear and gave to Josh first! Later, she came back again and gave another one to Kate! Not everyone is given this bear, and I really want to thank the Malay woman once again! You have made both my children very happy!


The stage!

Everyone present are so happy and enthusiastic! It looks as if it will rain. Luckily, it just drizzled for a minute and it ended!


Patriotic Josh! Loving how the flag move with the wind!


Group picture!

During the performance, Kate would stand on the chair for a better view! I particularly requested for the last row of a sector so that we will not block any crowd at the row behind us! 




We sang the Muneru Valiba song and Josh loved the song so much! He did the song movement! Enjoyed it so much!





Kate told me that the bear is watching with her the NDP performance! She takes good care of the teddy bear throughout the whole show!


Selfie with an excited look!


Kate covering her ears! The flying aeroplanes are very loud!


Amazing flight!


Love this picture so much!

Every picture you take that day just look so fantastic! The happy atmosphere! Feel so young again.


Look up!! What's there!

Guess what are they looking at!? The 9 parachutes came down! Simply touching!


The parachuters! They are amazing as some of them have over 1000 jumps!


Looks easy? But I don't think I dare...



The army contingent coming to the audience while they exit.

This is what I mean about the participants being appreciated by the audience. They marched up so that we can really see how they look like and at the meantime, to applaud for their 5 months effort!


Kate waving hello! Some hi-5 to her too!
 

MBS! They even made the effort to have the crescent and the stars at the base of the level 54!


Beautiful display of lights and fireworks!


Love this year's fireworks!


Beautiful??!


Beautiful golden fireball!!

I literally caught the fireworks by myself! How come? Actually, both Josh and Kate slept at 7pm, and the fireworks came out at 8pm! I stayed at the Float area till about 8.40pm.


Oh my sleeping child...


On the way back, we took the train back. I managed to spot some families who caught the NDP outside the Float, meaning they didn't manage to get the tickets. And I took out some of the toys and gave a little girl and she's so delighted! I also passed one of the NDP bag to the mother, telling her that we have additional and I would like to pass to her daughter! She's so happy too!

I totally understand how they feel. For the past three years, my family just catch the NDP performance outside of the Parade area. And you just feel how come I didn't get the tickets. I feel so good when I shared the goodie bag with a stranger! 

Three NDP 2014 bears!

Coincidentally, we managed to have a total of 3 NDP limited edition bears for the children. We have decided to give the blue one to Josh and Kate's cousin, Charlotte! She loves it so much!

NDP 2014 has reached another milestone and achieved success! The touching and inspiring stories, the LKY historic speech that was played, the effort displayed by the participants and contingent, the fireworks, my family, my career and the nostalgic NDP songs and national anthem. All these touched my heart and I'm proud to be a Singaporean. Thank you Singapore for making this place a great place, my home and a place for my family to live in!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)