Well today is Josh's first year birthday. Initially we wanted to wake up at 4am to celebrate with him. But we are too tired to do anything.


We got up in the morning and I am supposed to have appointment. In the end, it was Yiwen who has appointment. The amazing thing is that early in the morning, she went to the Kiddy Palace and bought a very nice shirt “Birthday Boy” and it is so cute on Josh. We quickly washed and we dried it under the sun.

We bought kites, ropes and cooked lunch for Yiwen and I. It was ok, just that I was feeling quite tired because didn't manage to take nap at all.


Time passed so fast. And soon, it was 4pm and we need to pack and leave home. After Josh woke up, we quickly changed him up and Bae-yi came and joined us too. I took public transport to the Marina Barrage and I'm amazed that there are so many PRCs at the Marina bay area, especially the public transport bus. Amazing. In fact, it has been a very long time eversince I have alighted at Marina Bay MRT Station because last time used to be our haunting place for steamboat. Guess that it will be the future office place, taking over Raffles Place.


The rest of the people have reached Marina Barrage via taxi and when I reached there, I'm feeling very happy. Very amazed that there are so many people flying their kites and the weather is very nice! Everyone was there and I started to fly my own kite! Initially, I tied the thread wrongly to the thread turner device. Later my father in law told me that I should have tied the thread through a metal ring. Then, I tried to fly the kite again and guess what? It started to fly higher and higher. And when it is snug, I released more thread and in the end, I have reached the maximum of the thread! And my ladybird kite is already up high flying up in the sky. The feeling of flying a taut string is feeling very good! Ha. Then, my father in law went around taking picture and I tell you, the background picture at the Marina barrage is fantastic! Overseeing the scenery of kites and the Marina Bay Sands, it is so beautiful. And together with the sun set, wow! Everyone enjoyed themselves and we also took some group pictures there too!


Later, we headed to the International Seafood restaurant at East coast park. The rest of the relatives took their own cars, including my mother in law, Yiwen and Josh. My father in law and I decided to take taxi. However, that time, there is no cab going to the barrage. We went to the bus stop and my father in law decided to have this wild idea, ie to hitch a ride from other cars. And he even did the sign. So we headed to do this crazy idea. We saw a lorry, of which there are many children behind it. My father in law frankly asked the driver whether is he able to transport us? And he replied to the MRT? And jackpot! So we aboarded the lorry. Ha. And there are so many children behind the lorry and the amazing thing is that they are relatives, neighbours and friends. And they are able to have this joint outing. Wow right?


We reached Marina Bay MRT and we alighted at Raffles Place MRT and took a cab to the International Seafood restaurant. Everyone was there, including the grandmother. And Fangrui, who bought the cake, decided to cut the cake first because she was afraid that everyone may be full at the end of the dinner. So because there was a long waiting time for the food to be served, the chocolate cake came in handy! Everyone celebrated Josh's first birthday and I tell you, it is amazing because everyone around the 3 tables watched us when we took the group picture. Ha. And the service provided by the International seafood restaurant is very good because the auntie is able to cut 30 pieces of the cake for all of us. And she cuts very well!


The food was served and I'm really very glad that overall, everyone loved the food there and it was their first time to this newly renovated restaurant after so many years. The food was drunken prawns, live steamed salted fish, fried mushroom, white pepper crab, bamboo clams, chicken ginseng soup, sambal prawns and the mango pomelo dessert. Josh was awake throughout the dinner and all of us took time to carry him to see the live seafood, such as the fish and crabs. He is so amazed by what he sees! Ah gu, Ah kim, mother in law, father in law, Yiwen, dua-yi, Su hao, alternated to carry him so that each of us have time to munch on our dinner.


Finally at 1000pm, we have finished everything and I paid the bill of $1072. Amazing right? But I find it was worth it because everyone is so happy and they enjoyed themselves. Find that this is what money can't really buy this great experience.


Ah gu transported us back to Bishan and we are very grateful. He is an amazing person because according to Yiwen, when she was young, every year, he would organise and treat everyone 3 times a year similar to this event! Can you imagine it? And now, he is practising yoga everyday with his wife and he just came back from Alaska, one of the many countries they have travelled after they have retired. Yiwen and I aimed to have this kind of lifestyle.
When we reached home, I'm shocked to know that the total of the hong bao totalled up to $810! Wow, their relatives are really very generous and Dua-yi bought so many nice toys for Josh! Wow. Bet he loves it very much! Josh was so tired after showering and he slept throughout the night!


It is so amazing and time passed so fast. We are one year as parents and our parents as one year grand parents! And Josh is one year old! Soon, he will go army and wow. I'll be old. Cherish the time I have now! And my aim is to journal every day for myself!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)