MBS Staycation

Initial regret?
--------------------
After I decided on MBS Staycation in October, I actually googled about what to do there. Many people actually commented that they love the Infinity Pool at SkyPark and the scenery. They also loved the gym and sauna. The hotel service is great. Quite a number also mentioned that they will only stay there one time and that's it. We heard about the mini bar, whereby people are charged to their accounts the moment they take something out from the fridge! And there is nothing much to do except gambling! How interesting!

I was like, wow. Is it a good idea for me to stay there? To top it up, also they don't provide breakfast buffet for clients the following day. And it's better to patronize ToastBox for breakfast.

Anyway, I prayed that the Staycation will be fun for everyone! And it turned out that we had so much fun, amidst the comments I have received from the Internet! And I want to thank my father in law for taking such amazing pictures for memories!




The city view at night





Another part of the city view from our room


MBS Staycation
----------------------
We checked in the deluxe room and I'm so happy that my request was through! They gave me a high floor of level 32! We are given a corner unit at Tower 3! 3223!

And guess what is the better news! It is so happened that the unit we stayed can see both city and garden view! We actually booked the garden viewing unit, because I want my children to see the Gardens by the Bay. Apparently, because it is a corner unit, the room is as such that there is an "extra" room that has a panel that we can see the city view!! Isn't it a blessing?

We were blown away by the scenic view inside and outside of the room! Josh and Kate were so excited and Josh kept pointing the Esplanade, Lotus, Singapore Flyer and Merlion. Breathtaking views!

We went to a room before at MBS but those normal deluxe rooms are actually smaller. In fact, it's better if you get Tower 1 corner most corner unit, away from Tower 2 and the one I stayed at Tower 3, away from Tower 2. Thank god for letting us have this room. We had the extra space and better view.


Eve and I. This MBS Staycation is a birthday gift for her.


Things we did
--------------------
We went to the Infinity Pool at SkyPark and I'm so amazed that Josh and Kate loved the water! It was slightly cold but they loved it! They walked around the baby pool and sprayed water too.

And the pool does not have much chlorine smell. I wonder if you have encounter some pools, there would be strong chlorine smell. It doesn't have and I happen to taste the water, and it's not like swimming pool water. Guess it's better for us as too much chlorine dries the skin actually.



Family picture at the pool side.



Dinner
-----------
Well, no much choices and for comfort, we chose Din Tai Fung.


Promotion for shopping in Singapore.



We ordered food at Din Tai Fung.



Picture of us at the lobby.




SkyPark Observatory
---------------------------
All of us loved the night scenic view in Singapore! Josh and Kate were so excited, walking and running around the platform. The crowd is not so much too.

We were lucky because the previous days, it rained. For us, the weather was fine, just a little hazy. We later headed back to the hotel room to rest awhile.


Gardens by the Bay - Evening view


Gardens by the Bay - Morning view




Picture of Josh and I on top of the Sky Observatory.



The view from the Sky Park Observatory.


Wonderfull performance
----------------------------------
A lot of people mentioned about this performance. And the funny thing is that usual days, we actually brought them to see it. However, this time, by the time we reached there, it ended. We were late! Ha! And Josh was quite disappointed as he is unable to see the bubbles and the fire-water display.

Sauna
------------
While the adults are resting and my children are soon turning in, I went to sauna for a try as people commented that it is a should try. Initially, I went to the wrong side! It is tower 2, level 55. No wonder I am unable to enter from tower 3 level 55.

When I entered, it's so beautiful. There is a hot water mini swim pool. I saw there is a room with hot steam bath and another is the sauna room. I tried the sauna room.

The feeling is hot and warm. And I actually felt refreshed as it manages to help me relax in the room and also perspire out too. Later then I know that actually sauna is used as a treatment to cure breathing difficulties as well as to promote better circulation of the blood.

Later I tried the hot water mini swim pool. It's 40 degrees and yes, I can feel that my privates are boiling! I came out after a while. The staff came in and told me they are closed already. It's only 1030pm. They said they close at that time. I thought it was 11pm. I changed and left, feeling very good. Find that we should do sauna regularly as it is an alternative way to help you to loosen your muscles!



This is the small hot pool. It's 40 Degrees.




Picture of the sauna. The room is quite small.



Their lockers are easy to use actually!




A quick picture of me after the sauna!



Sleep and beds
------------------------
I didn't manage to sleep well actually. The bed is far too comfortable for my recovering back. I actually needed a hard base bed instead.

Eve and Kate slept on the main king side bed, Josh and my MIL slept on the sofa queen sized bed and my FIL slept on the given single sized bed.

I woke up at 3am because Eve was hungry! Ha. Went to the kopitiam and bought Yong tau Hu. Apparently there wasn't much shops which are opened at the wee hours.

Rise and shine
------------------------
It's great feeling to wake up and to see such breath taking views! Think we will actually increase our life span if we view such paranomic scenes everyday!

We took so many pictures at our bedroom!



Kate's signature pose! Ha. Check out her arms!





Eve and Kate!




Ain't they cute?!



Love this picture! This is the small city view room that I was talking about!


The future leaders of Singapore. Guess who!



I kiss you, you kiss me..



Family picture





Kate's way of kissing using her hand.




Picture of my children and me


We had our very own breakfast and checked out at 11am.


Overall I feel that the stay is worth it and all of us enjoyed it so much. Journey back home was fast via circle line. It will be great if next year, we can view the NDP fireworks from the hotel itself!! Ha!


Checking out! Our very own bell boy loves his luggage! See you again, MBS!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)