Sprained back

Hey.

Last Saturday, was an experience I have told few people.

I literally sprained my lower back when I carried Josh in the bedroom. I was in a squatting position and I carried Josh up, just like the starting position of a weight lifter. Apparently, when I was getting up, I felt a sudden lightning on my lower back and my legs and I threw Josh on the bed. The pain was unbearable and I thought that I broke my back.

I was in the sitting position then while Josh was crying. I tried to get up but I was unable to. And I laid on the bed for about 20 minutes. I attempted to sit up, but my legs trembled and I knew that my back is certainly injured. Eve wanted to call up the paramedics and see what they recommend. I was hesitant, but then they arrived. They did a few diagnostic tests and found that it's not a fracture but it's muscle strain. The tension on the muscle will react as such if I move my legs, it will even tighten the muscles even more, causing pain. The paramedic advised me to do more stretching exercise and if possible, take panadol. I have never taken panadol for a few years actually.

Eve bought the panadol and I ate them. I just could not stand up at all. After at about 5pm, I just forced myself to stand up and amazingly, it's not painful but the process from sitting to standing, hurts.


On Sunday, we went to Science Arts TCM at 150 MacPherson Road for tui na (massage). And the doctor massaged my back and I felt so good after that. He managed to loosen the muscles and according to him, it is quite normal to have it, especially in youngsters. He even did the "Ba Guan", that will draw out the cold air from the injured area. The whole process was quite painful, as he managed to massage on the tensed muscle, but it feels good after that.

The following day, I went back again with Josh. And I felt even better.

I feel that traditional Chinese medicine is good as they are able to find out the actual problem and heal it. Western medicine is very general, and medication like panadol is regarded as a all-purpose pill, which is incorrect. Luckily, my father-in-law passed us the namecard for the TCM centre and we went there.





Picture of my back from the "Ba Guan". They inject hot air in bottles and place on the skin.



Now I am more careful of myself already.
When I sit, the posture have to be right.
When I want to get up from the floor, I have to carefully get up.
I have to refrain from carrying heavy stuff too.

Thank God I have insurance that covers all these bills.

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Our version of NDP Rehearsal