Baby Daughter

Girl! Girl! Girl!
-----------------


Baby daughter's ultrasound picture


Yes! It is 90% confirmed that our third child is a girl! We went to check for the 15th week check and Dr Paul Tseng told us that she is the gender! :) Gender is not a matter for both of us. Most importantly is that our child is a happy and healthy one.

Initially he placed the heartbeat probe on her womb area, and he could not detect it. We both grew silent but he assured that 15th week fetus is too small to detect it. And he used the ultrasound sonar probe and immediately, the regular heartbeat is detected. It was her initial position in the womb that made the heartbeat probe quite hard to detect.

We are very happy that her head size is normal shape! Yeah! So happy!

Name
--------
We kinda thought of Leah Hoe. It will be similar to Josh Hoe in the sense that there are two 'H' right beside each other. Leah Hoe. What do you think? I feel it will be a nice name. We still have 6 more months to think about it.

We wonder will Leah be similar to Kate. However we know that all children are special and different in their own characters. So we are mindful not to relate our third one similar to Josh or Kate. Everyone has a fair ground. This is really very important and we do not want to have stereotypes on our children.

Kate
--------
Kate is growing more and more vocal now. She will speak words and follow what we talk too! Now, when I ask what is her name, she will answer back 'Kate'. And today at 7am, I fed her milk and she slept with me back on the bed again, without asking for Eve. This is an achievement as Kate trusted me to lay beside her to sleep again! So glad and I pretended to sleep and she just closed her eyes upon my command.

When I come back home from appointment, she will happily say Hi and will point to the room, saying that Josh is asleep. Yes, she says "Josh sleep."

Thoughts
--------------
Everyday, I feel happy to prepare dinner for my family as I find cooking healthy meals is important for our diet. And also, our children see what we eat, and they will be following our footsteps. Honestly, my dishes are simple and edible (Mervyn is being frank here. I find my cooking is great!)

Baby bonus package
-------------------------------
I am very happy that our very own Government has came up with an improved version for Baby bonus for Singaporeans! And for Leah, we will be getting a $8000 Baby bonus, of which 50% will be paid upon birth, 25% on 6th month and 12th month. Of course we have children is not for the baby bonus. However, it is certainly a boon for us to cater it for their education.

Secondly, they will channel $3000 into Leah's Medisave account, and we can use it for her Private insurer hospital plan.

Thirdly, there is a one week paternity leave for me. For me, it will be slightly tricky as I'm self-employed. Government will actually average my pay and give me this additional cash. Isn't that great!

My fellow friends who gave birth after 28th August 2012 are eligible for it too! So happy for them! Yeah! I really hope that people do not misuse the money given for the purpose of the children's upbringing. We will actually place it in the Bonus Saver account for our children, and can use it for their education, polyclinics etc.


Family picture taken when Kate is asleep. Josh's tongue shape is same as Eve!

Honestly, want to thank the Government for being generous for the public! :)

PS: I am trying to blog everyday now! Woohoo!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006