Official: Number 3

Yes everybody!

We are having a Number 3 in our family! Isn't this exciting? I just feel that we are in a game, just like the Sims. Josh is coming to 4, and Kate is coming to 2 this mid 2013! And I wonder if this little third one is girl or boy.  The exciting news is that our baby could be born on the same date as Kate! We just want the baby to be a healthy one.

Name of baby
--------------------
This is quite interesting.
Josh and Kate are alphabetically ascending, which means our third one should start with letter L.
And should be 4 letter word too. Not forgetting to be a syllable. What can constitute a good name?

Leah?
Loop?

I thought of Scot. Wonder if it is viable, but it sounds like a dog. Anyway, the name KIV.

How we found out?
---------------------------
In fact, how we realized that Eve was pregnant is when Kate suddenly changed her behavior. She refused to allow me to put her to sleep, and very possessive to Eve. We decided to give it a shot and yes, confirmed and it was in mid October already. We told no one then. We are thinking whether is it a good time for us. We prayed and God seem to lead us to the answer to leave everything to him. My mother in law also wonder how come Kate is so sticky to Eve for the past few weeks.

We brought Josh to the first scan and he was actually very amazed that there is a heartbeat when the Dr Paul Tseng placed the sonar on her stomach area. And it was then that he knows Eve is pregnant too and we told him not to tell anyone.

It's quite strange at in November and December, many of my friends came and ask, "So when are you planning to have a third one?" In my heart, I was just thinking, do they know? And should I tell? Of course I didn't tell them. I just replied, "We shall see." It is actually quite hard to bluff people about it.

Having a third one would mean that I have to cook slightly more food since I have another mouth to feed. And the cycle continues as we are trying to slowly wean Kate off the breast milk. Kate is more receptive the goat's and cow's milk already. So we are putting our faith that Kate can wean off successfully. Josh was weaned off only this year end January. Do you know what it means? Josh actually was breastfed for over 30 months by Eve! And Kate is 17 months and counting.

Pregnant throughout these years
------------------------------------------------
It's funny when both of us thought about the pregnancies we had. Read this.

2008: Eve was pregnant with Josh in November.
2009: In August, Josh was born.
2010: In October, Eve was pregnant with Kate.
2011: In July, Kate was born.
2012: In October, Eve is pregnant with the third one.

Ain't this amazing?

Why do we want to have so many children? Beats us. We just find that children are amazing and seeing how Josh and Kate progresses, it just makes us feel very glad to have them in our lives. Not only that, we can see the sibling bonding and parent-children bonding too. Also, at times, we just feel that it's our responsibility to take care of 2 children already. Why not have another one? The workload is actually the slightly more, that's all.

Work Life Balance
---------------------------
Indeed, all these are not facts if we didn't place our faith in God. Actually, 10 years ago...
who will know that Eve will be my wife?
who will know that I go marketing every 2 days?
who will know that I will cook porridge and breakfast?
who will know that I will prepare lunch/dinner?
who will know that I will have 3 children?
who will know that we have a house?
No one knows that we will be parents!

All these are indeed blessed by God and honestly, He has helped us a lot in many ways than one.

First trimester
---------------------
Yes, this is the toughest trimester. Eve actually vomited quite a bit for this pregnancy. And yes, once she eats junk food like prata or cold stuff, straight away, the baby will press the 'PUSH' button, and out the food goes into the toilet bowl. It's quite tough for her because we didn't want anyone to know and sometimes, in the house, there is my mother in law and my mum. And she will hide in the kitchen toilet while I try my ways not to let people to go into the kitchen.

Hence, all the more, if possible, I will prepare home cooked meals for her so that all of us can eat. Actually now outside food is filled with MSG and it's quite unhealthy. We prefer to prepare ourselves and eat before we go for appointments.

These few months her sense of smell is tremendously powerful. She can smell char siew from a distance! And stinky rubbish dump or not fresh seafood before I even know it existed. And it is true! So amazing and we read on the internet that pregnant mums have additional antennae for smell.

It seems that most of the pregnancy should-dos we have forgotten. I actually can't really remember what we both did when Eve had Josh and Kate for 9 months. So funny right? Hence, it is important that I blog so that I can jot down what has actually happened. Once I bought watermelon and pineapple home and let Eve eat. And we totally forgotten that pregnant mums should not eat pineapples at all!! Oh man! We are like inexperienced experienced parents. More to recap and read up.


Little Hoe... Who will you look like?
Daddy? Mummy? Brother Josh? Sister Kate? Or like yourself? See you in July!


Little Hoe

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)