IPPT

Well, recently I went for my annual IPPT test and it's a last minute MUST DO, as I have dragged for nearly 9 months and my 2013 window is closing. Previously, the allocated time frame to clear was 12 months from your birthdate. Now, they wants you to clear it in 9 months. Hence Sept 22nd is the final date for me to clear. Otherwise, I will have to do remedial trainings of 10 sessions 2 hours each! (NO WAY HOSEY)

It's been quite a while since I have jogged 2.4km as I didn't schedule time for myself to exercise (EXCUSES!) but it's true. I'm so glad that I was able to pass in my 2.4km run! 

Here are my results..
36 Sit Ups in 1 minute
Jumped a distance of 220cm 
10.1sec for my Shuttle Run
9 Pull Ups
12.22min for my 2.4km jog





Sit Ups
It used to be an easy feat for me in the past, doing close to 50 in a minute! Having my buddy to count for me in the school days and Army. Now, I did about 30 at the 45th second. Hence I tried to give my best shot till the very second. After finishing, my abdominals are totally tight!


Standing Broad Jump
This station is not a good station for me. You really need to have the technique to jump, and for my 1.64m frame to jump 2.20m, I feel it's a feat. For a 1.8m guy, think he easily can jump 2.20m. And we both have the same passing mark. Is this justifiable? I will always have the fear of failing in this station. I actually aimed for 230cm, however I didn't hit the mark. My second try was 216cm. We are only given maximum of 2 tries.


Shuttle Run
In the past, we needed to grab sand bags or wooden blocks at one end and back. And will be faulted for dropping them. That's quite a good memory to have. Now, they have metallic censors for you, hence one just need to touch and go, and timing recorded is accurate! Love shuttle runs!

Pull Ups
This is okay for me as I do occasionally at home as I have a pull up bar. One have to straighten their arms when doing these repetitive pull ups. If didn't, you will be penalized. I can see that quite a few guys are unable to pass this station, and they have to do remedial. The people in charge of this station is able to alter the number of pull ups detected by the censor! Amazing!

2.4km jog
Wow! I'm totally amazed that there are runners who cleared it in 9 minutes! Totally wow and it's obvious that they train a lot, and to them, running is a breeze! This station, you can really see the actual fitness of other people. Some passed, some gave up and walked. I tried to encourage some people to carry on running, that's the most I can do because I have to help myself first. My passing timing is 12:40, and I got 12:22. I'm so happy about it!

Looking from this, I feel motivated that I want to run like those 9 minute people! Not only they got $400, they are healthy too! Felt that I need to challenge myself and have this small little goal for myself. I just passed for this year's IPPT. Hence will only receive $100, better this nothing. Next year will be a better IPPT year for me, hoping to hit Silver!


Link that you may like:

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006