What a great day!

Today, I went for appointment and I managed to have a good catch up with my client. His son goes into Gifted Program and it's actually top 1-2% of the Primary 3 cohort and they were happy and amazed that their son is eligible for the Program, starting from this year's Primary 4! They didn't give any stress to his son and he just has his talents to score well in the two examinations. It's really a feat! He mentioned that academic is one thing. However, character is an important integral part for every child too. Hence, he also wants his son to have good character too! I'm so glad that my client didn't stress the child on the academics, and yet his son did so well last year! Amazing. After talking, he is fine to increase his coverage. This line of mine is certainly on relationship and I'm so happy my client entrusts me too!

I went back home and had lunch with Eve. It's been quite awhile since we are at Yoshinoya and it's my first time trying the Ramen Beef. It's not bad, just that it's not filling. I gobbled it up because I'm just so hungry. Eve ordered the rice set. I'm quite amazed that it's business is very good too, having batches of crowd coming in and out. The music of the place is quite loud, listening to Titanium while slurping the noodles, thinking will there be a Uranium song in the future.




It's Josh second day back to school and I'm just so glad he liked his lesson! And he manages to tell me the number of students in class. He also ate finish his lunch set, and I'm really proud of him. Kate had a slight fever this morning and afternoon, and I wonder why. Luckily with the goat's milk and some sleep, she manages to recover back to the normal Kate once again. Unwell children is certainly not good news to us. Really want to thank God for his quick provision and healing.


In the evening, Eve and I prepared dinner and Josh helped us out! Cutting his favorite Enoki mushrooms and xiao bai cai. We had baked oven salmon slices, beet root and corn soup, and a healthy plate of vegetables! I'm so glad that Josh manages to finish all his dinner today and all by himself! Later, I scooted out for appointment. 


When I came back, I ate my dinner at 7.50pm and I decided to cook our favorite Nian Gao! It's been close to a year since I have cooked this dish! Since it's going to be the festive season at the end of this month, I got it in market early this morning. Josh and Kate were so enthusiastic about it and they helped out in the cutting of the Nian Gao too. I peeled off the banana leaves and cut them into thin slices. Josh and Kate, each had their blunt knives, trying to help me cut too!



Josh was busy slicing the Nian Gao while I showed to Kate the rough size. And she then tried to cut it on the same chopping board.



I rushed to do this dish that I didn't even change up my working clothes. My two excited and exciting helpers! Really hope can instill in them the fun of cooking in the kitchen!


It's funny because in the midst of cutting their Nian Gao, Josh wants to taste the slices. I told him it's not nice to try because we have to cook it. He wanted and he tried. It really doesn't taste that good! Ha.




The batter was very easy. I used two eggs, four tablespoons of flour, two tablespoons of oil and some salt. Whisk everything together and that's the batter! Coat the Nian Gao with the batter and fry it! Yum! All of us enjoyed it so much! 



Once cooked, I place them on the kitchen sheets and it just smells so good. However, we all have to wait for around three minutes for it to cool down. 




Chef Mervyn. Honestly, some slices are quite thick because its not easy to slice the sticky Nian Gao as it sticks to the knife. Oh well.

I was thinking to go down to Queenstown to a shop which sells authentic Nian Gao, because this one from the market doesn't taste so well. I have tasted better ones! So probably I will hop down to get that Nian Gao!



You may also like...
Nian Gao Recipe


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)