Surprise!

I had a surprise yesterday when I opened my letter box. It is RESERVIST! It's actually a word which I thought I would not have to do at all. However, I was wrong. After ORD for almost 9 years, I'm finally allocated a unit for myself. And guess what? I retained my position back in the army. I have almost forgotten what I have learnt 9 years ago. And the SURPRISE is.... I AM ALLOCATED TO G_ARDS! WOW!

A close friend of mine told me in December that I should not have applied for the SAFRA card, as it might have sent a green light up, and activated my Reservist status. I'm not really sure it's linked or it's an urban legend. However, it seems quite logical as I haven't applied for SAFRA card at all until last year. Probably it's coincidence. What do you think?


Lunch Galore

I singlehandedly prepared these dishes in a span of thirty minutes before I left for work this morning. I'm so glad that I managed to do these during when Gwen was sleeping and Eve goes to work! Ha! I'm so amazed that I can do it!


I air fried these pieces of fish. Prior to that, I marinated them with some salt, pepper and sesame oil. Air fryer is simply amazing, as it is able to make the food crispy just by a few teaspoons of cooking oil. Hassle free and much more healthier! Managed to get them fried within 20 minutes!



While the fish is in the midst of cooking, I prepared some mushrooms and two bunches of organic spinach. This is a super healthy meal and my children love them so much!



This is a cheater method to get my children to have the lunch. The seaweed chicken! Honestly, it's so easy as I used the oven to bake them. After 15 minutes of 180C, it's cooked and smells good.



Steamed organic broccoli is our home's favorite. It's easy to steam and within 4 minutes, it's done. I do not want to over steam them as it will become yellowish and the vitamins are gone. Broccoli should be eaten organic because it's one of the few vegetables that farmers used a lot of pesticides to grow them in large amounts. Organic broccoli are twice the price, and it's sweeter. Do try them!


Dinner time, we had ours at a Hokkien restaurant at Telok Ayer street, named Mei Xiang Restaurant. The food is delicious and very affordable. We were amazed that it has changed their restaurant layout from being a one floored restaurant, to a double storey one. And they actually rented out the other half of the ground floor's restaurant. Looking at the waitresses to keep shuffling from level 1 to 2 and 1 again, it's quite tiring on their side. Oh well. 


Another surprise was that it was situated just walking distance to the new Telok Ayer Downtown Line station! Thus, we took the train back and it was actually the first time Eve, her mother and her auntie to take this line. Josh and Kate were super excited to take the train ride.

Gwen's so excited as she sat on my shoulder! LOL. This station has so few people and it made me feel as if I'm in overseas!




My three children and I. Actually we wanted to take a family picture, however my mother in law didn't know how to use the iPad mini to take photograph. We will teach her next time to take pictures from it. I'm really very glad that our Singapore made so much effort to dig tunnels and railways for us, just to connect places and from Telok Ayer to MBS, it's only 4 minutes! Two stations away. It's really amazing.


You may also like...
First Downtown Line Visit
Simple Things We Do With Children
Meals, Work and Family


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)