Family and Kitchen

Having a family means that you will actually spend more of your time in the kitchen! This is where I read about in 'A love that multiplies' by Michelle Duggar!

This is so true! Ever since I have Josh, my participation in the kitchen has escalated compared to those days whereby both Eve and I used to eat out (without any elements of a hassle). And it's been 4 years and I can say that I have trained myself to do the washing of dishes easily and also whip up dishes too!

Michelle Duggar has 18 children and she delegates her household chores in the house. And it's really commendable and a good practice to learn because through this, the children learn the cooking and preparation work.

What we did
Yesterday, we cooked macaroni with prawns, vegetables, mushrooms. And side dishes of petai, tou gan and beet root soup! And I'm really amazed that Josh enjoyed to prepare the ingredients with me. He learnt the cutting of the vegetables too.

I used the normal knife while he used the butter spread knife to cut the vegetables. And for cabbage, it has a wide stem. And I showed him once that we have to remove it. And then he is able to self run and remove the other cabbage leaves. Made my job easier. Like wise for mushrooms. Due to his blunt knife, he wasn't able to cut them nicely. However, I I told him he's done a good job!

Petai are very small and he managed to cut with his blunt knife too! And he's so happy that he's contributing to the dinner later. And he said that he didn't want to have petai with garlic.

During dinner, I can say that he enjoyed so much and he ate the vegetables he had cut, the mushrooms, some petai and also the beet root soup. Really love it when you can see your children enjoying the food. For Kate, she always enjoys her food. And that makes the whole dinner preparation to dinner time so enjoyable.

In the long run
Consistency is very important and when your children see you prepare food, and they also come to help you, they will also have the cultivated skills too! And I want to make it natural for them. Josh always asks me what is this vegetable. How to cut? Can eat like this?

Through the preparation process, you can learn from your child and also your preparation in cooking is so different, compared to those whereby you do everything yourself.

Really feels that kitchen is certainly a good place for bonding and yes, the washing up has to be completed! And I have to do it!! Ha.


Kate with her new slippers at home! Ain't they cute!


Josh's little green frog slippers!


Father and daughter going out! She is so happy!


My children just love trolleys! Aren't they confident? :)

I love children! 
I love my kitchen!
I love my children joining me to cook in the kitchen! 


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)