Our version of NDP Rehearsal

It's been awhile since I have blogged! Wonder if you have been waiting for any new posts! :)

Well, last Saturday (01 Aug 2013) we did something we have never done before. We had a staycation at Swissotel Raffles, and it's really great experience! Able to enjoy it with children and relatives.

Kate and I at the beautiful Harbourview Room at Swissotel Raffles. Had a complimentary bed for children.


Picture of us present for this viewing



The children captivated with the iPad.

Reason
These four years, I didn't manage to get NDP tickets for my family. And it's quite disappointing because my children LOVE to watch the fireworks. So what I intended to do? In July, I straightaway booked a Harbourview room at Swissotel Raffles. I requested for a high floor and hopefully can watch the fireworks. Hence, it's really a gamble because the view may not be terrific.


The view we had from the balcony

Apparently there was an NDP Preview package and it will cost me double the price, but I will definitely have a good view of the fireworks. I thought awhile I find that it's not worth it because I can actually spend the extra money into food. And if worse case the room given doesn't allow us to see the fireworks, we will just go down and catch it.

I prayed and thank God that we managed to see not only a clear view of the fireworks, but also a clearer view of the NDP Parade! It's amazing and all of us are so thrilled when we entered the hotel room! 


Facilities
The swimming pool was quite packed, but it's fun because both Josh and Kate loved the pool so much. They splashed the water, did some kicking in the water! So happy for them. The water is clean too! Really love my children playing and have fun there!!


Kate and I kissing :) 

Josh didn't want to kiss me. Oh well :)



And our bedroom has a bathtub! As usual, both the children enjoyed the bath without us telling them to take off their clothes! It's automatic once there is a bath tub in the house!


It's a joyous celebration and hence we have invited about four families from Eve's side to come and join us in the hotel room for the viewing of the NDP rehearsal! The adults were happy to see the fireworks! The children were even happier to see them! Kate ended the fireworks session by saying that she wants more FIREWORKS!

Honestly, I'm really very happy that I managed to share and spread happiness to many children and adults that day. And I even extended to treat them dinner too. It's really good feeling to organize and give a treat to your relatives! I'm very privileged to be able to do it so!


Comparison with MBS

Swissotel's location is very central and it's like located above the City Hall MRT. In comparison, I would prefer this hotel than MBS. 

1. It's not over priced. We paid only $235 a room (because I have discount) while MBS minimally cost $400! Both has no breakfast included.

2. The view is great! The City life is much clearer and nicer. It's an open balcony whereas in MBS, the city view does not have an open balcony. Hence, there is a glass in front of you. It's personal choice because after the fireworks, all of us got to smell the smoke! We were joking that the PSI was momentarily 300!


The city view is really very nice!
We squeezed to watch the parade

3. There are much more range of food to choose. More Kopitiam and restaurants. And walking distance is very much shorter.

4. The staff is very efficient and friendly! We didn't know how to use the bath tap, and they quickly sent a mechanic to see the problem. It's just turning the tap clockwise and the water's out! And the customer service called to check whether our issue is resolved. Awesome!

5. Swimming pools are much cleaner and clearer. And the children pool is big enough. There are much more causasians in this Hotel and you might feel that we are of a minority. 

6. Most importantly, we can get to see the NDP view! If one were to stay at MBS, you only see the crowd, and not the performance. The aero planes flew past so near us! Ha. Josh and Kate asked so many questions and glad that they learnt a lot. From tankers to the shooting of the tanks.

Unedited picture taken from XLR Camera




Fireworks are really very beautiful. Notice that Esplanade has their own lit Singapore flag.

After this fireworks, I feel that I'm just excited not for NDP but only for the fireworks! It's unlike the last time Mervyn whereby I love both NDP and fireworks. I'm so glad that both Josh and Kate love the fireworks so much!!

I really hope that every year, this can be an annual event. Not only we can enjoy the event, we can have family bonding at the same time too.


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006