Outside Food

Today, I walked around a coffee shop around Jurong East, and I have no idea what to eat. Seriously I really wonder what are some of the healthy options I can choose from.

I have some criteria of what to put into my stomach.
1. Got to have vegetables
2. Less meat
3. No MSG, if possible
4. Not so salty


With these four points, I will feel that the meal is balanced. Nowadays, there are so much MSG or flavoring added into our food, that I just wish to go back home to whip up a simple dish for myself. At times, my schedule doesn't allow me to cook. i really find eating out is much more a hassle and stressed event for me. At times, I will call Eve to help me out to decide.


Unhealthy options
I'm not sure about you. Usually after i eat these food, I will find that my pass motion is so much stinkier!   Not a wise choice to eat them. I will also feel tired and at times, bloated! 

Roast Pork Rice / Chicken Rice / Duck Rice
What is a meal if there is meat, rice and ONLY a thin slice of cucumber? And there is so much sauce on it? And the given soup, sure contain MSG. And it is not healthy too. Some stalls have major inflation. The amount of meat given is so little that you are buying only the rice instead.

Pratas
It's quite oily and full of carbohydrates. Think it's only starch and zero vegetables. You just feel tired after the meal.

Ban Mian
It seems to be a healthy dish. However, it contains mainly flour. The soup version usually makes me thirsty after I finish the meal. Don't really like the feeling of it, and immediately axed in my food list.  The feeling of MSG in my body just gives me goose bumps. I love the fried ikan bilis though :)

Nasi Lemak
Oh, it's delicious at the first few mouths, later, the amount of oil left on the rice surfaced in front of you. No to luncheon meat, oily sunny side ups and the chicken wings. Nice chilli but sorry.

Kway Chap
I used to love this so much! So delicious. However, I only patronize the Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 Blk 453 one. So far, it's the best and I do not want to try other stalls one. Love their chilli.

Clay Pot Rice
I have eaten quite a few claypot rice and amazingly, all of them have no vegetables, only the spring onions. And the after taste of saltiness and making me thirsty is really not a healthy option for me too. Also, it doesn't make me full. Some of my friends love the charred version. It's really cancer causing, I tell you. 

Fried Bee Hoon / Carrot Cake
Oh. I have avoided them for quite awhile. The ingredients are usually very oily, with the deep fried egg, luncheon meat, kuning fish, fish fillet.. It's economical, however, the amount of extra work your body have to breakdown in the morning, it's not so pleasant for the stomach.

Porridge
Most porridge has added MSG inside, and makes it tasty. However, like stated above, you may feel thirsty or having a dry throat after eating it. Just don't understand why they Iike to add these into the food. How do they feel when pouring into the food? Eve is a good indicator of MSG. Her body will become itchy after consuming high volumes of it.

Fast Food
Oh, I try not to patronize them anymore, after I knew some products, what they have added and the way they process the food. Commercialized food is never healthy. The only way is going back to basics - to prepare your own food.

Healthier Options
Yong Tau Hu
Yes, this is a healthy option. I will really choose this stall, if I happen to spot it.

Mixed Vegetable Rice
This is a better option for me as I can choose the ingredients I want and have much more vegetables in the meal. It's rendered more a suitable stall for me to patronize. 

QQ Rice
Love this Taiwanese franchise in Singapore. Both my children, Eve and I love it as they provide healthy grain rice, with a wide spread of healthy dishes to add into the meal. We can choose 5 ingredients and they will mould into a rice ball. 

Fruit Juice
If it's really no choice, I will get avocado milkshake as a meal for myself. It's healthy and filling. You will feel good after drinking a cup of it! Yum!

Awakening call
Recently, a client of mine contracted terminal illness of cervical cancer, and the doctor said that she mustn't eat any more meat products. The reason is obvious! Too much meat is acidic for the body. She used to love to have meaty diet, forgoing the greens. And I feel that we should really take good care of our bodies, before it's too late. Add more greens in our daily diet is good for the body.

I have met people around me who didn't like or touch any vegetables. It's quite sad but I just encourage them to eat. For some, even the children follow their parents, not wanting to eat the greens. Hence for Eve and I, we make sure we eat vegetables, and our children also follows us! At times, they didn't want to eat, it's ok. Don't need to force them, and we experiment with other vegetables!

It's never too late to start! Just add vegetables into your meals! For zi char stalls, we will instruct them specially not to add MSG, and less salt. It's doable and don't feel embarrassed to say it. It's our body and its up to us to take care! 


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)