Thank you Church

I really want to thank you God for letting me and Eve to attend Church for this past few years. It's only today that I realize what is it that qualifies me to enter the church and to learn? Have I contributed anything to deserve a seating space in the sermon?

I thought of it and what I can say is that probably my faith in God in the building fund, the multiple offerings as well as attending cellgroup are some of the activities that I have done as a Christian. It's not alot as compared to others and feel that I haven't press into the word of God so much. I should read up more on the phrases and the bible verses. I can see that Pastor Kong has really and always put 110% in his sermon outlines and really want us to bring home the message. I have been procrastinating to attend the bible lessons too. More over, it is just located beside my office!

Relatively speaking, I can say that his passion is really from his heart with the anointing of God's teaching, it blends well.

What I feel I can learn from him?

1. His actions
I can see that he loves Sun very much and there is constant communication between both of them at all times. You can feel that they are one instead of two. And I really feel that a couple should be like this. I want to be like him, ever so loving to my wife and secondary is my children and relatives.

2. His professionalism
He is able to speak very well because he chose to learn and fine tune his speech and his articulation. I really feel we should speak this way, and in turn our children will speak this way too. It's definitely an added advantage when they are older.

He dresses well most of the time and I feel that being prim and proper is very important as well. It shows that he respects the audience and himself too.

From his vision to the outward presentation of the church at every service, I feel that he is always wanting to do best in it. I feel this should be the way. In my career, in my family, I should be thinking how I can improve to a better level, and not to be in my comfort zone.

3. His faith
All these years he has been following his few disciplers and his hunger to learn from them is really commendable. He set all out to learn from Dr Yong and wow, he reads alot.

He puts 100%, everything in God and with his first step, he set up the Church from nothing to the largest in South east Asia. Even so many years had passed, his fire for God is even stronger and stronger. This is something I have to learn.

4. His bravery
It takes a lot of courage to set up a church and looking at the ministries that he and his wife has started, it's really bravery. Despite the criticisms outside, I chose not to be bothered by them. I feel that it is not easy to be a pastor and setting up a church is not only the physical and spiritual aspect, it's about helping people.

They have to deal with so many aspects such as family, love, communication, sex, depression etc. So many issues to cover and church members are helping one another in this.

If I were to do this, I would be very brave to even wanting to step out in the first step! Respect!


It seems I'm just a baby in church. I have to grow more in my spiritual life.

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006