Donating blood at Blood Bank Dhoby Ghaut

I was on my way to office and suddenly, the thought of blood donation popped in my head. I went to Dhoby Ghaut Exchange as they have a blood bank there. It's newly opened and I can say that they are very efficient.

I wrote my particulars and did my blood pressure. It's normal and my iron level is 15.6! It's normal too! And they say that strong iron levels is attributed to eating lean meat and leafy vegetables, which are in my diet.

Then came the actual blood donation! To tell you frankly, actually I'm quite afraid of blood and needles. Whenever they get into me, I would turn my head to the other side, hoping the needle won't burst my veins! However, I'm amazed that it's absolutely painless. The nurse is very skilled and friendly.

Within 7 minutes or so, my blood bag is filled. And it's done! My next blood donation is first week of January next year. I feel much refreshed after the donation!

Proud of myself. In fact, they have a history, saying that I have donated 4 times in my life. Cool! The last donation was in 2009. Really encourage you guys to donate! Feel awesome..



My left arm and the packet of blood. It's amazing that the little machine can rock to and fro, 
just to make sure that the blood is well distributed within the packet. 


However at evening time, I felt slightly goggy. And when I squat and stand up, I felt light headed. Think my body is producing more blood. Later, Eve gave me some organic dates, which are rich in iron. After a while, I felt so much better. Actually the lady at the Blood bank recommended me to take the iron pills, but I didn't want because I feel that it's like medicine. 

Oh well, I feel better now. Hope that my A+ blood can do good to the other people.

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006