Love Your Children Part 1

It's easy to be a parent because after 9 months, a baby is born. And everyone is so eager to know how the baby looks like, the weight, height, time of birth and the name of the baby. Especially on Facebook, Twitter, every new parent will eagerly post their new born! It's very cool! Isn't it?

However, it is actually the next step that is of great importance! Managing your baby / children.

TIME, NOT MONEY, is important
Managing your child / children. NO ONE HAS EVER TAUGHT US HOW TO DO IT! This is the actual facet of life. In fact, I just feel that everything is up to us to learn and willingness to fork out how much effort on your children. TIME is an important factor. One should really think carefully before having a child.

Actually many people asked me how much is it to raise a child. I'm not really sure the exact amount. I will answer them that it is actually the TIME spent that is more important than money. Money is important because you need it for food, clothes, diapers etc. However, both parents should spend time with your new born and children. Parenting's main ingredient is to be with your children at most of the time.

My Beautiful Kate!



Book
Recently I have read about this article that a child knows what is the difference between hearing 'I LOVE YOU' and feeling 'I LOVE YOU'.  This is very important. One parent can keep saying 'I LOVE YOU' by not really feeling it. Children actually do not really pay much emphasis on the words, but it's the FEELING you give to them.

Whenever I send my child to school, I will say, "KISS ME." And he will kiss me. My Kate also will do the same too! It's really a sweet warm feeling and I tell you. If I feel it, my child will feel it too! And it's doubly sweet when they like to kiss you more than one time automatically! It really works!

We can do these small actions that will make your child closer to you.
1. Hug them.
2. Kiss them.
3. Carry them, at times.
4. Hold their hands!

To be frank, I do not really experience all these when I was a kid. That doesn't really matter now, and I do not want that to happen again. Hence, both Eve and I actually did these to our children and they reciprocate to us! This is what money can't buy.

I don't expect them to do the same when I'm old. However, it is our parent's responsibility to show care and concern to our children. It is not necessary a mother's job only. It is both parents.

Love is something tangible. It is priceless and it is from the heart that one shows from inside out.

Work
I have seen a lot of couples these days rely a lot on childcare centres or most of the time, grandparents to take care of the child. And the parents are weekend parents, weekday employees. I feel that it's both tough on the parents because the work do not allow flexibility. Hence I would really encourage that one parent should take up a flexible or a self-employed career so that there is income and time. I am so happy that some of my female clients actually gave up their career for their children!

I brought Josh and Kate to church alone on last Easter Sunday!
First 3 years of a child's upbringing is important actually. And I know how it feels because it's quite taxing to juggle both work and family. However, one should know that the first 3 years of a child is irreversible. Once passed, it won't be able to retrieve back. Work can wait, our children can't wait.

I'm quite fortunate that both Eve and I are self-employed and we are able to mix and match everyday to spend time in work as well as on our children. That makes us have constant contact with our children. Of course we have Eve's mother to help (a bonus for us) and we are really very grateful about it.


Sleeping with children
Making your children sleep or co-sleeping with your child is very important actually. For Kate, now most of the time, I make her sleep and Josh occassionally. Always have to put cream on their legs (like a personal masseur) to make them sleep! It's really a good feeling when they are finally asleep. The feeling of contentment at your side is priceless.

Actually we would feel uneasy when our children are not asleep with us! I wonder do some parents feel this way! We will think or wonder whether they are able to sleep or not!


Going Out
Most importantly, both parents should occassionally go out without the children to have a decent break! Ha! Recently, we chanced by MEDZS at 313 Somerset Basement 2. Nice place and very little people! We like!


Our date:  Munching at Medzs at Somerset 313


This is so cute looking cover for the Tajines - Moroccan Stew with Cous cous! Very delicious!


Simply delicious



Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006