Chinese New Year

Well, it's a festival that everyone is getting excited about! Getting the festive goodies, new clothes as well as spring cleaning! I really feel that it's a good time for us to clear quite a lot of stuff in our house. And honestly, it's not an easy thing to do.

Recycling
--------------
Instead of throwing away into the dustbin, example old clothes, extra containers etc, those usable stuff we actually place them at a large collection bin at Ground level. It's actually quite amazing that shortly one hour, your stuff will be gone!

I believe this way of recycling is much more effective and pass to those who need them.

We have things in the house which we didn't even touch for a year. Hence, it goes into the recycling bin. Do discard or give away stuff that you didn't use or touch for a year. If you don't, it will still be there next year.

Festive goodies
---------------------
We didn't really got any of the red container goodies as we find them quite unhealthy and we didn't want our children to have them. Definitely during house visitation, other people's house will have them. Hence they can have one or two of those Chinese New Year cookies and kuehs.

Instead, we had more seasonal fruits at home such as red dragon fruit at home so we can neutralize our stomachs after a day of visitation! :) We prefer our children and ourselves to minimize those sugary foods.

New clothes
----------------
This year, I got myself two new Burberry shirts and I quite like it. It's been awhile since I bought them and want to award myself for it! :) other than that, I didn't get additional extra for myself.

I will feel that this Chinese New Year, it will be a fun festival for my children as they will meet different people as well as my relatives. I'm getting them to learn And speak "恭喜恭喜". So just wait and see.

Josh made this at his school! So creative. It's actually a snake made from paper plate, and I feel that the school is very creative! Really gave paper plates another way to use them.


Snake decoration made from paper plate


Josh at his school today


Checking on his teeth


Next is his hands..

One more day to usher in the Chinese New Year!

And this is a fact which I have to face it..
My children will receive hong baos.
I will be giving hong baos.

What an equilibrium :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)