Valentine's day

Ha! Today is Valentine's day. I went out for awhile and I saw many people with flowers. To me, it's a special day for new couples! Just joking. For Eve and I, I bought for her a special cupcake! The red velvet cupcake from Twelve cupcakes!

Love this cupcake! 


Actually I just want to have a taste of it again after a hiatus of around 4 months of not getting to try it:). We both shared it and we enjoyed the taste so much. :)

For Valentine's day, I bought a cupcake for Eve. As a mutual exchange, Eve bought for me a new age carousel for our kitchen cabinet. And after fixing it, boy we have much more storage space for our kitchen! It's so beautiful!! Guess her nesting instinct in this pregnancy is giving her ideas how to improve the house.

I'm indeed proud of her that despite she is pregnant, she went to IKEA all alone and bought such a big box home! Luckily the taxi driver helped her to carry to the void deck.

I would say that IKEA done a very good job in their graphics for the self-installation. So easy to follow!

With this new 'gadget' in the house, the pots and pans are in greater order and we have found a new space in our house! We are so happy about it! We are quite lucky because our previous owner actually got this cupboard from IKEA and they already have pre-made holes for this gadget! How cool is that? We spent about $100 to maximise this space!


Hamster death
---------------------
Yes, I just found out that one of my hamsters have just passed on today! I was feeding it and usually both will be so excited about eating.

However, today is so different. One of them laid there motionless. I was shocked! And I opened the cage and realised it was already dead.

We brought it down and I buried it under the rain beside the mango tree. Hamster, do rest in peace. Thank you for being part of our family for 21 months.


Our friendly hamster. I found out that there is tears in his eyes. But his whole body has hardened.



I washed the hamster's cage and now it's empty. We will donate it at our ground level recycling bin.

We think that today's rain is like a ceremony for our hamster's death. It rained around 12pm and stopped at 6.30pm. And it's like after I buried it, the rain stopped shortly after that. It may be just coincidental. However, hamster, you have been placed a mark in our family time line and hope you like the feeding we have done for you as well as the washing of the cage. It's not easy to keep washing once a week for 21 months. That means I have washed you for 84 times! Wooh!


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)