Updates: Children, Whiteboard and Cooking

Josh
He now knows how to write numbers 1 to 20, and it's really amazing because now he practices on the white board. Even though some numbers are of obtuse proportion, they are recognizable as numbers! And he enjoys the writing especially when he makes a mistake. I didn't say it's ugly. I said, "Very good!" I can still remember when I was young, my numbers are not regular in shape too. It takes time and encouragement. Proud of him.

He loves to see how funny we look when he does a mistake. And it makes the learning fun and engaging. Just imagine that I'm so serious and keep saying 'No.. no.' It's a stressed environment and he will find it not enjoyable and may not even want to carry on learning. 


Look at the numbers! :) The '7' looks like it, just that the slant is towards the right.

Kate
Aeroplane sounds used to make her tremble and refuse to walk. And now, at playgrounds, I have to reassure her that it's ok. When the aeroplane flies by, I will stay near her and hug her. 

And twice it happened and she wanted me to carry. I explained to her that it's ok. Furthermore the aero plane is gone. I explained about 5 times and she then carried on with her cycling. So happy that she understands and I do not want to carry so much, making it a habit to carry once there is an aeroplane flying past! It's way too hectic! Ha.


Josh and Kate hugging. Aren't they sweet?

So loving eh? Kate looks strangled! HA!


Whiteboard
It is such an engaging tool for children. And Eve bought the whiteboard from Art Friend. She also mounted by herself using the 3M tape! So proud of her.

We use it for drawing and writing.

To promote dinner eating, now I will draw the dishes on the whiteboard. Such as rice, fish, soup, vegetables etc. I will also write the English and Chinese words beside it. And Kate will also learn too (speech). Through this drawing of food, they will spoon mouthfuls of vegetables, fish and rice into their mouth! So happy!

For fruits, I will draw a blow up version. For example, a papaya. It consists of the seeds and flesh. And I will draw cubes so that I will link it to the cut papaya on the plate. And amazingly, Josh and Kate will excitedly eat them one by one, with me drawing more cubes on the whiteboard! I drew pomogrenate too. And through the drawing ever since, he is able to pronounce it correctly!

Cooking
Yesterday, I really did so much cooking and I am proud of myself.

Lunch
Luffa with Egg and Sea Prawns
Salmon Bone Soup with Toufu
Steam Clams
Bake Tougan with Sweet Potatoes
Boiled Spinach

Dinner
Steam Chinese Pomfret
Fried Nai Bai 
Stir Fry Chilli Basil with Sotong
Fish Bone Soup 
Boiled Organic Lady Fingers
Bean Sprouts with Capsicum

And all of my children love it so much! An all these ingredients are bought from my house wet market. Really feel blessed to stay near a wet market. The best is everyone eats healthily!


Stir Fry Chilli Basil with Sotong.

Bean Sprouts with Capsicum

Happy Weekends!



Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)