Changes

Well, changes are inevitable. And when my third child is born, there are changes (not drastic ones), however, some adjustments have to be made.

Routine 
A morning routine for me now is this:
1. Go to marketing to get ingredients for our family. It's so frequent that they will give me auto discounts!

2. Eating breakfast with my two children (bread and goat's milk). Sometimes pancakes or oats...

3. Bringing them down for exercise. For example going to playground, park or cycling. Think the Childcare teachers, who saw me may think I'm a stay home dad.

4. If it's raining, we will do simple drawing, colouring of poster colours... Playing toys and water plants. I tried sweeping the floor and they followed too. Lol.

5. After that, I would pass them to my in-laws place, before Josh starts school.

All these have to start around 7.30am. Otherwise, I will not be able to do marketing, which means no food for the family! 


I will nap awhile around 3-4pm. Need my beauty sleep and recharge. My favorite past time.


Evening time, I will schedule 30 minutes of jog for myself, some simple form of exercise.


By 6pm, my children will be back and it's dinner time!


Activities that we do in the evening after dinner...
1. Playing of toys ( trains, cooking, LEGO..)

2. Going to NTUC

3. Going to library (must be before 9pm)

4. Reading of story books ( For example Rapunzel, Princess and the Pea, Jack and the beanstalk...)

5. Wrestling and catching

6. Brushing of teeth


Sleep
Making them to sleep by 9.30ish is at times quite a slow and draggy process. 

We will be in the bedroom by 9pm. After reading the books, the 'sleeping' atmosphere was correct. Then, suddenly Kate will become active! And Josh follows!! I have to try again to make them have the sleep mode once again. It may drag to 10pm. Really brain draining!

When they are both asleep, it's really the battle's won! And we can do our stuff once again.


Meal planning
Having a child, is not mainly about putting beautiful and happy pictures in Facebook. It's MORE to it. It's not a one night event ok!

More to time spent in family as well as the food we want ourselves and children to take. ! 

Usually Eve and I will either be the person who prepares for the meals. Now we have the luxury of being provided for the meals due to the confinement lady. Really feels good!! Hence, we will come out and restructure with meal plans and food preparation has to be made beforehand.

Strictly speaking, now with the 5 of us, plus our in-laws, making it 7, we feel that having meals at home is of utmost priority. And meal planning really helps us. So this period of time, we are coming out with efficient easy food meals for our children and us. 

Luckily both Eve and I are in a career whereby we can mix and match our timings. The question is only whether do we want to do it or not. It's tough, but it's doable. I will be uploading some ideas on meals soon! Yeah...


Work
Seems like I don't need to work? No way. I will slot in appointments in between these free times. Sometimes I may come home just in time to make them sleep. Sometimes, I have lunch appointments. Definitely I have to really prioritize it and mix and match. (That's the word!)

At times I have morning appointments, and I will have to get my MIL to come to our place early and follow the morning routine. 

And for dinner time, I will have to see what time am I able to be back and prepare the ingredients. Either Eve or my father-in-law will help to cook and prepare. It's good in the sense because when different people cook, the meals are also different. 

So, everyday's schedule is different for us. Just like the weather. However, we just need to communicate well amongst the adults, and enjoy happy food together. All these are worth it and I feel more balanced. 


PS: Actually I omitted the washing bowls part. I love it actually. Think it's quite a crazy thing to write. :)


Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006