Car Test Drive

Well today 4th of July, it's my first time invited to a closed door Jaguar and Range Rover Test drive and it's really an eye opener!



Look at this! Initially I thought that Jaguar has their unique pop up Jaguar icon at the front of the car, however the new series doesn't have them.



This 2-seater Jaguar F Type series is a sports convertible car. It's price is similar to my 4 room house. Really sleek with the fiery red colour! 



Indeed it's everyone's dream to own a sports car in Singapore. And I would add that to my bucket list!





Here comes the test drive. I had mine in the Range Rover Premier and it's really spacious! And the roof over your head is just beautiful! For those romantic ones, you can star gaze (probably not in Singapore because there is light pollution).

I also learnt that Range Rover got their license only in 2011. Hence Singaporeans are able to drive them on the roads only then.



This client servicing event is really amazing because not only did I enjoy, my client also liked it very much! He may get this Premier car, probably in a year's time!



Probably soon (once I get my driving license first), I may consider getting my own transport for my family. It's not of priority, however the driving license is! It really feels good to be chauffeured though. Lol. 




Honestly, owning a car right now in Singapore, one have to make a down payment of 50%.

For example,
A car is $240,000. One has to down $120,000.

And for the loan interest, soon it will be 2.6% p.a, the maximum loan term is 5 years. (Currently only one bank offers 1.88% till end July this year. Not sure which one)

Hence, the monthly installment will work out to be $2,500. One has to include the petrol, car insurance, car parking fees, hence it will work out to be $3,000 ++.



What's the moral of story? Earn more!!


My thoughts

However, I do not feel that placing $3k a month into an automobile is a wise choice. I would prefer to put into a property or save it so that I have a comfortable retirement at an earlier age!

If I really need a transport, cabs are a wiser choice. Hassle free and no need to worry about parking. And I can actually use this money to travel once a month! How nice right? 

These are excuses for me not to have a car and keep delaying the driving license. I must get it by this year, before I hit the big 3!



Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)