Engage your kids in cooking

Well cooking a meal is at times challenging. However, in the midst of it all, it's quite fun to engage your kids in the preparation phase of cooking.

Today, Josh helped me in the washing of the vegetables. He also asked me to chop garlic for the vegetables. Later, I told him to help me stir the eggs together with the spring onions. We also had a dish of petai and I asked him to help me see if there are worms in every petai that I have chopped. In this process, this will instill cooking interest in him. And on the other hand, he will know what I usually do in the kitchen!

Here are the dinner dishes!
1. Fried Egg with Spring Onions
2. Pork Leg Soup with Peanuts and Mushroom
3. Stir fried Shanghai Green with Mushroom
4. Oven baked salmon
5. Petai with Chilli

And Josh ate by himself! He straightaway took the quarter piece of egg and put on his place. And he started to munch the food with the rice. And he ate the vegetables and the soup. Kate loved the soup! Ha! Everyone enjoyed the dinner and I am so happy that it's a happy meal after all!!



Picture of Petai with Chilli



Pork Leg dish with Mushroom and Peanuts via Pressure cooker



Shanghai Green with Mushroom



Josh frying the vegetables for me! He is so full of concentration!



Josh stood beside the oven, to show he is part of salmon cooking



Stir fried Egg with Spring Onions


Certainly, I will engage more cooking with my children! Kate is still young, so not so soon for her :).

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006