Mothers: my perspective

Mothers, in my point of view, are amazing. They are able to sacrifice and shower their love to their loved ones eg babies and children. And I can really see a difference between those who physically take care of their children hands on, and those not.

When the child is sick, it's usually the mother who will be the first person to take leave or rush down home to see the baby. I'm really amazed that they are able to have this sense of urgency. I got to learn that myself!

As a Dad, I would say that I have to learn this from my wife and other mothers.

What can a father do? I feel that all the more as a husband, he should shower more love to the wife. Not just to the children only. Taking care of children is BOTH parents' duty and as a guy, we have to do additional thing: take better care of your wife. Most of the time, work gets into the way. But i can tell you that work should be a secondary priority. Family should be the priority.

Spend meals together, make time to go out, hug, kiss and make love regularly. When a couple is loving, automatically, it will reciprocate into the relationship of their children. Come on, we are all humans and our DNA's make up is to show love.

I have came across quite a lot of stories that after giving birth, couples are not having sex regularly and some as much as 18 months! Prior to the child born, love making is like so common. After marriage, it's like a desert. This is sad. I hope that things can change for the better. Marriage is not just a day event- the wedding dinner, photoshoots and yum seng. It is a journey dedicated and spent together all of our lives. In our daily stressful life, we should encourage each other to love one another always. Find that there should be more family workshops and events, and parenthood should be a dual parents involvement. More awareness and emphasis on loving your family should be placed in work places.

Back to the topic of mothers, my mum actually took care of me most of the time when I was unwell, even though at times I feel a bit disrespectful then. I realised that I was wrong. It's certainly that a mother's love is priceless and nothing can compare to it. Love my mum dearly.

I really hope that..

1. if you are a mother, continue to do your honorable job. It's not easy but your children loves you, something money can't buy.

2. If you are a working mother, you are amazing! Bringing back bread and butter and a Childcare teacher at night. Must take good care of your health.

3. If you are a dad, take time to love your wife more than yesterday. Exercise more so that you won't feel tired easily, especially at night! (You will know the difference)

4. If you are a child, spend time with your loved ones, especially your mum and dad!

5. If you are single, have faith that you will find your loved one.

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006