National Day 2006

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY Singapore!

I was at the Parade performing yesterday and I tell you, the spirit was there and the fireworks are definitely the highlight of the whole event. Boom, boom, boom was the sound that you hear from the sky and great colours filled around the stadium as the fireworks exploded! WOO! Love it man.




Somemore, I met my friends like Iris, Lijie and Crystal who came down for the event. WOOHOO! Took pictures and I am really glad to see them as I find that for the performance, they came down to support me. Ha... that's my way of thinking la. But come to think of it, its true right? They came all the way down to watch the NDP and watched my event. Which is in a way, supporting me. Yeah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On the way to the Stadium, I saw a group of people lining up and they were actually providing a service to paint 'Singapore Flag' on the faces of the audiences. I also queued up and they helped me draw a flag at my right arm. Look so nice. Ha! And when I reached the Indoor Stadium, my friends kept asking me where I got it. Coz they came straight from the Tampines HQ and did not manage to get a chance to meet the painters.


When performing, I just felt that for every second that ticked away, I had the feeling that the 6months of training was all because of these few seconds, for the Whole of Singapore to take a look. I felt that it was kinda worth it! Yeah.


Well, I have returned the prop back to SOKA because I don't feel that there is a need to actually keep it and further more, it will just occupy space at my home. I said GOODBYE to my prop in my heart. Ha. But let me tell you, I have actually changed my prop 3 times yesterday because my original prop was spoilt. After changing, then, the buttons cannot make it. Ha... Then, I changed again and FINALLY, the usable prop, I used it for the actual event!


I am really amazed that the people who actually helped out in the repairing were their own volunteers and they really tried lots of ways in troubleshooting. Really hats off to them lo. Thanx uncles who had helped me.


Oh yes, I would also want to thank my dear super committed trainers for being there and train us for the whole event. Ha...


I would also want to say thanks to my dear friends who actually wished me good luck for the performance like Yiwen, Christine, Fred, Mika, Shuhui, Hisham, Bertram, Iris and also Jacelyn. Ha!!


"Made new friends.
Had new great experience."



I have certainly no regrets in joining and felt happy after the whole event.
Thanks NDP06.


Pictures@NationalDay2006
--------------------------------------



Picture of CoW! Groovemedia and my friends...




Group picture of the lively Nanhui Primary School children. They are lovely!!




Picture of Ming Guang, our trainer... :)





Yeah...our supporters!! Starring: Cheekian, Lijie, Me, Crystal and Yiwen!




Picture of a group photo...




Ha...a fan formation which was part of the so-called stunts that we did for the performance... Cool right???



Hope you enjoy the pics,
Mervyn



PS: Yesterday, I learnt that those who had superb attendance as participants were given actual day tickets. Ha... For me, I didn't get it leh! Coz my attendance quite irregular. Haa! Well, if I knew it, I will definitely work hard for it. Ha!! (As if)

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two