Breastfeeding

I just attended my friend's one month old baby shower and I'm just so glad and happy that they have chose breastfeeding as the staple for the little one. My friend commented that it's so convenient and no need any milk bottles and she feeds upon demand. I feel so glad! I asked her a favor to share more of her breastfeeding stories to soon-to-be mums!

Do one got to spend a lot for a new born?
I have friends who bought a lot of stuff prior to the birth of the baby. I was one of them too because we didn't know what to expect and hearing upon the elders, it's good to buy this, buy that. In the end, most of the stuff are actually white elephant.

My friends and I! Love this cute little baby! So much hair! The gynae even spotted the hair in the womb! How powerful is that!


Example:
- Baby carriers      (For Josh alone, we bought 4 carriers. Didn't know what suits him)
- Small bed protectors (Replacement: Pillows on flat mattress)
- Avent breast pumps (Replacement: Breast Feeding)
- Milk bottles              
- Bottle warmers
- Bottle cleaners
- Cradles
- Wooden cot
- Expensive baby strollers
- Lots of baby clothes

All these cost money and most of it, should be bought after baby's born. We have made the mistake and we didn't want to do it again. And most of the times, people around you will pass you good hand-me-downs and you can use it. For new-borns, they outgrow the clothes and socks very fast. Bed protectors are also a no-needs. We used alternatives like just mattress and pillows.

Coming will be the third child of mine, and we will not be getting any new stuffs. And we should try and reduce the carbon foot print in everyone of us! Diapers are an exceptional thing that we should use, unless you keep using nappies! It is a good suggestion but it takes lots of effort to wash and clean them!

Breastmilk
It is the best form of nutrition for babies, followed by Goat's milk and then cow's milk. I want to thank Eve because she managed to breastfeed Josh till 30 months and Kate till 19 months! It's a feat and now we are mixing the fresh goat's milk with the formula milk.  We order from Hay Diaries weekly as they will deliver to our house.

http://www.haydairies.com.sg/  And we will order 4 x 800mL bottles and 2 x 250mL bottles weekly!
We prefer this fresh goat's milk then those powdered ones. And both cost around the same, so why not get the fresh ones instead!

More importantly, breastfed babies will not have Baby Bottle Tooth Decay. This is actually quite scary because I have actually encountered some children with yellow stains on their teeth. Most of them is because from those formula milk (filled with sugar), and they just sleep after drinking. And the milk will stain their teeth. Worse still, it may cause decay in their milk teeth.

For us, we WILL get our children to rinse their mouth by drinking sips of water after they complete their cup of milk. And luckily so far, no signs of yellow stains!

And want to know more? 
If I leave a cup of unattended Goat's milk, no ants will come.

If I leave a cup of unattended formula milk, ants will come! And there will be a thick upper coating stuck at the surface of the cup, which will make a child 'fuller' at night. This should not be the right way to do.

If I leave a cup of unattended breast milk, no ants will come, and no thickening layer too.

Josh the Rabbit and Kate wearing brother's shirt!


Parent's decision
I really applaud those parents who have decided to be SAHM (Stay at home mums) because one can only a baby / toddler for about 4 years. How nice if I can be a SAHD! And after that, the bonding between their parents and child is very strong. Work is important, but children's well being should be placed utmost importance.

When I come back from work late at night, I'm actually very touched when Josh asked me to help him brush teeth. And Kate wants me to make her sleep. This is really very heart warming and I do not mind doing these because they love me and they want to spend time with me.

Fun time with my children's toy!


This should be the way we should place time with our children. Not that I'm very good, but I will try ways to spend more quality time like putting them to sleep, bathing them and cooking for them. Just be part of their lifestyle and you, being a parent, will be safe. It's tough but I feel it's worth it!

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006