Library : A great place for children

Yes, recently it has been quite an occupied schedule for me, having appointments back to back. This is of course good news.

In the day, I would prepare simple porridge meals for my children. And for dinner, I will spend 30 minutes to whip up 4-5 dishes so that all of us can enjoy. I actually need to keep track of the dishes that I have prepared. Hence I set up another blog named mervyncancook.blogspot.com.

Library
---------

Josh and Kate at Library


Comparing shopping centers and library, I will choose the latter. It's serene and my children are enjoying the colorful books they can see! Shopping centres, I will try to avoid because they are crowded and noisy. It makes us nervous and children to be excited over nothing. Hence, all the more we prefer to spend around 20 minutes a session at the library with my children.

I'm really very happy that both my children are very happy about going to the library. And they like it when they want to return the books at the book drop. I will carry one child with a book, and he will deposit it through the hole. And he will collect another book while I carry Kate to deposit the book again. The cycle carries on until all the books are returned.

In the library, there are a whole array of books to choose and I'm simply amazed. Our national library board does a good job in getting so many books. Who says we need to buy books? Borrowing from library is good enough as children needs different books all the time.

Josh loves planet books now. He can say the planets and he also loves the Moon very much. For Kate, she will point to me and say "baby", "ball", "moon... Simply so cute. There is an image of a feet and she wanted to show me. She told me to remove her shoes!! And the next thing, she placed her foot on the image! So smart!

Of course, when Josh saw it, he too did the same thing. Oh well..

I will read some of the books to them. Of course they are excited and want to get more books. It's good news but it will e better if I can complete at least one simple book first. This process needs more patience and time.


Other parents
--------------------
I'm so happy that there are quite a few parents who sat down reading to their children too! So glad. And one father read a Planet Mercury book, and Josh heard it and peeped at the other table to listen.

Spending time with children is really a happy thing and I'm so glad that at the tables, every parent are iPhone-less and iPad-less. It's back to basics.


Kate with her leg feat!


Josh and his leg feat


Siblings walking to the library

I really hope that the spirit of going to the library will always be in their hearts...

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006