Step out.. Are you willing to step out?

Stepping out of your comfort zone.. This is what many people are not willing to do. For me, I feel that one should be bold and do what he/she likes, of course best to have your liking as well as good income too.

I have two people in mind who actually keeps me motivated to try and step out, and not doing what I have studied in University. They are Michelle Chong and Brtiney Spears.


Michelle Chong
--------------------
She is one of the artist in Singapore whom I admire the most! She is forever challenging herself. From a mere artiste, to hosting and acting, to a movie director now! She just set up a company named Left Profile. This is commending.

When I first knew her existence in "It's my life", an MTV show which showcased one representative from Singapore, Malaysia and some other countries. She talks alot of funny stuffs and she is very expressive and confident about herself, back then in 1999.

She then joined Mediacorp and my sister and I knew that she was from the programme in MTV. And she is fluent in both languages. She acted and she became even more well known in "The Noose", portraying different characters. Then she pumped in her savings to self direct a movie "Already Famous." Upcoming, she is launching another movie!

Lesson learnt: She dares to be different and now she is reaping her rewards. She steps out from her comfort zone from merely hosting and acting, to try directing a movie. This is something many artists wouldn't do. I feel she is a good testimonial of what one should do. Chase ownself's dreams and be bold to be creative in the market place.


Britney Spears
----------------------
Apart from her personal life, Britney is very successful in the music entertainment industry. She sang lots of songs in the early years. And later she spent lots of months in her career performing in Las Vegas, a place where many artistes used it as a platform to escalate her popularity.

She worked very hard as a singer and entertainer. And I can say that her dancing is very part-of-her already as she performs nearly everyday. Her efforts are paid off now as she receives royalties from her music sales, perfumes, being a judge at X-factor. Of course, I love her music and old songs!

Lesson learnt: She is willing to step out as a singer and take up dancing and improves her skills every MTV. Her stage performances get better and better. She even starred in movies and comedy shows too. The experience built up over the years, she applied it as a judge, earning millions.


I certainly feel that one should break away from the employee mindset and we should set up creative businesses. It's easier said than done, but I feel it is possible if you set your heart and mind to do it. I have met people who earns $40k a year, to even $400k a year. All these are not degree cert dependent, it is dream cert dependent.


My Children
----------------
Recently my children loves to do these acrobatic stunts at the playground. I didn't stop them from doing it, because overall they are children and should keep trying. I'm just there to supervise and to encourage them!

Josh is strong because he held onto the poles. And lifted up his legs twice but unable to catch the another pole. He did again and managed to grab the pole and did the stunt. Usually for us, we tried once or twice, and we give up. Josh just kept trying and he didn't have the word "tired" in the equation. I applauded for him when he did it at the third try.

So amazed by both of them.. And I will try my very best to be a creative dad, and they will be creative in their own ways too.





Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006