An hour ride with sleeping children

Yes! Today we went to Church and we felt that God always speaks to me, no matter if I'm inside the service or outside at the play area. The thing about Family is being able to pray and communicate. This way, there is unity among the family members. Now, whenever we eat, we will sing a song and it's getting part of our culture already. Want to know what song is it?

"Thank you for the world so sweet. Dum-dee-dum.
Thank you for the food we eat. Yum-yum.
Thank you for the birds that sing-a-ling-a-ling.
Thank you God for everything. Amen."

And Kate will hymn and end off with Amen.
Josh will sing softly with eyes closed and both hands together.
What a sweet sight.

After Church
We went to Changi Airport Terminal 2 to have our feast. Find that the place has one of the better food around that is edible at Expo Area. Then, Eve went for appointment and I did something that I guess no one has done it before.

I took an hour bus ride with two children. And they both slept! One on my lap and another on my chest. I was thinking how am I going to survive this ordeal and everyone who saw me, stared awhile! I didn't dare to look. Think they may have the thought that I'm homeless or something. It's quite an experience. This is the first time that I managed two sleeping children on such a long ride back. My ass was literally numb!

Thank God that when I reached the Bus Interchange (Total distance travelled is 54.5km), Kate woke up already and a passenger helped me to carry her down for me. Otherwise, I would think that I will garner the bus captain's help. Really is a planned experience ride for me because when I reached home, it started to drizzle and rained heavily.

Question: Will I do it again? Maybe. (If I have the energy). Bus rides for my children are interesting for them as they are able to see different views compared to those in MRTs. And Josh will point to the things that he has spotted, asking Kate to see. This is mutual learning and I enjoy seeing them too. They also love the bus bell ringing and will LOL literally when they heard it! I prefer shorter bus rides.

Yes, sometimes I feel that it's good to have a car for convenience at times. However, I just feel that I do not want to increase my carbon footprint on Earth. Quite extreme thinking but I guess that it's still not the right time yet.



My sleeping children and I. Looking at this picture, if my third child is with me, together with Josh and Kate sleeping, I wonder where can I place her. On another chair? Hmm.

PS: Feel free to place a vote on the name for my third child! It's on the right hand side column! Thanks!



Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)