Dentist: a place I have phobia

Well, yes. I just went to a dentist. When I reached there, the nurse said that my last visit here was in 2009! I can't believe it!! My phobia made me postpone my dentist visit for almost 4 years!! This is terrible. We are taught to go dentist every 6 months!

Good old days
--------------------
Back in Primary School, I really didn't like the dentist. It's like you have committed something wrong and you need to go for the punishment of checking and scraping your teeth by the Auntie Dentist! Really didn't like.

At the dungeon clinic, the fans are spinning and the lights are dim. It's raining outside and the chilly winds blow. She removes her mask and she calls out your name to confirm it's you. And you sit on the chair. The evil face and the sharp tools...drilling starts... No... **THIS IS HISTORY**

Once, I remembered that she said that she need to remove a tooth. And she plucked out my tooth and my whole head lifted up from the dentist chair! I was in complete shock! So traumatic and it's like removing my eye! How can plucking a tooth can be so scary.

And the scraping and the drilling sounds, together with every mouthful of blood when your rinse, it's not a good sight to remember and all you need to aim for is to go up to your school chair in the classroom.

Today
---------
I'm still quite a phobia to dentists. And my wife just suddenly told me she fixed an appointment with the dentist today!

Of course I am a little scared. I flossed my teeth twice, brushed my teeth and made sure that everything will be a smooth journey there.

When I met the dentist, I'm glad that he said my teeth are alright! Woohoo! So glad. And he told me that my upper wisdom tooth has a small hole, which is a normal thing for most adults. And he recommended me to remove it because it may be bigger and even if I were to do filling, it will not help in the long run. Hence brave me decided to remove it.

Before the removal, the washing process made me have lots of thoughts. It made me recall when I was younger at the dentist. It's really a place of fears. (pardon if I have spread so much negativity) I'm really proud of those who did braces, visiting the dentists nearly every 2 months and some even removed so many teeth! Hats off!

I had so much anesthesia on my upper gum. And he easily removed the tooth! I am relieved. I quickly paid and left! Phew. I still wonder if I want to go there every 6 months!

Soft diet for today..

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

National Day 2006