Hi Everyone!

Time really pass by so fast! Can't believe it. I have quite a few thoughts in my mind when I study through the past few nights.

I just feel that NUS should change their way of teaching students. I know that they actually include written examinations to test the undergraduate's proficiency on the subject. However, have they ever considered how much of help would it help the students?? I just feel that I actually learnt more through projects and discussion compared to pure memorising or studying of the subject.

I would feel that probably engaging in a public or voiced examination would be of a preferred choice because after all, we do speak and talk about our topics. Now, we seldom write much upon certain topics, especially those Arts module. Yes, it tests us on the fluency and the command of language. But come on, what we speak... the way we speak and the way we write is two near exclusive things. And when we come out and work, do we seriously rely on the written aspect? No right?? It's mostly through verbal which is of better communications.

Take a meeting for example. Do we write more or speak more during the meeting for discussion? Of course is speech right? Furthermore, if we are educated in this way, we will most probably be more proficient in the verbal skills, and we can talk more relating to our field of study. Isn't that more fun??

This is just my point of view. But I feel that the goverment and the education system will not change that quickly. Probably, next semester, I'm taking more project based so as to make the study life in university much more challenging and fun!

MSN AND EXAM

Gosh. I'm not sure whether am I the only one in the world to suffer from this. The shorthand language of MSN and email has certainly affected me in one way or another. I have been blogging for quite awhile. However, when it comes to writing essay in examinations, it's a completely different experience.

In my chain of thought, I would have the general idea of what to write. In the midst of writing it down, there is usually a high tendency for me to spell the English word in the short sms/msn language. Like the word 'WHAT', I wrote 'WAT' and I smiled and cancelled it away! Ha!! And some other stuff which is kinda humorous. Somemore, I didn't have time to check what I have written for the other previous essays, wonder if there are more errors present. Ha!!

FRIENDS AND EXAM

Well, it's kinda happy that I have my friends, gf, Mickey to support me in my exams! Having them to give me morning calls... certainly a way of gesture which money can't buy the experience. Zhiwei's infamous sms of telling people to go to toilet to pee, is his way of waking people up. HA! Real happy :) Ha!!

AWKWARD AND KNS EXPERIENCE BEFORE EXAM

On the way to school, once, I saw a student studying. And he really have a bad dress sense... and eww... seriously with his hairstyle and his clothes... certainly need advice from Mr Spears. Anyway, that's not the point. He was studying and holding on to the railing. And his back of his shirt was shifted upwards by his bagpack, and he didn't even know it!! AH!! So ugly and he kept on reading his notes until he alighted at Outram. I kept looking at him but he didn't notice me.

Later, I then realized that he was an NUS Student. Taking the same test as me! AH!! How can it be?? I was dumbfounded and disgusted. A 21 year old was not self-conscious about himself. Hmmz... Help seriously needed to be inculcated to him! GOSH! -o-

Popular posts from this blog

Cycling across Park Connector

Baby 3 Part Two

Kids at Jacob Ballas (Botanic Gardens)